E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Add old school Eclipse 3242 4 channel amp to hifi

12-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Add old school Eclipse 3242 4 channel amp to hifi

I'm just looking for a small cheap upgrade using an amp I already have. Its an old school Eclipse 3242 4 channel amp. I'm not sure if it has balanced inputs. Does anyone know? Not much info on the internet about this one.

Essentially my plan is to get the technic harness to hook this up. I want to use 2 channels to give the OEM front speakers some more power. And use the other 2 channels to give the OEM underseat subs some more power. The amp has good high pass, low pass, and band pass crossover options.

I would like to retain OEM amplification on the rear speakers so I don't lose my rear fill. I would assume that would involve cutting wires because then I'd basically have to modify the tehcnic harness to keep the OEM amp powered on and have it output the rear powered signals to the rear speakers, right?.

Any advice on this plan is appreciated.