E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FRM not discoverable when computer plugged in

04-09-2024, 03:29 PM   #1
e92jared
BMW Noob at Large
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335XI N55

FRM not discoverable when computer plugged in

Hello,

My FRM module is not discoverable via BimmerCode and also today when I had a very fancy and in-depth code reader on my car the FRM status was "failing" or "not discoverable".

Let me just give yall a little back story,
Previously when I bought the vehicle a few years back I was working on the car where I needed to unplug the battery so I did, and once I powered it back my window had gotten stuck down during a terrible rainy week so I was screwed lol, long story short I did find out that it was because the FRM module had "went bad" due to what I had believed was just a short somehow that maybe happened when/how I disconnected and reconnected the battery. after doing my research I found out that I had a chance to get it repaired instead of paying all the money for a new one so I got some advice from a BMW community in my location for coders which led me to someone who could repair my module in a few minutes and id be good to go as long as I could bring the module to him, outside of the car. So I made my journey out to him and he repaired it with no problem after a few minutes. I installed it back on the car and fast forward to today, I still have not had a single issue with the module and how it's supposed to function.

So, with all that being said I self came to the conclusion that because of said repair that is the reason it is not discoverable anymore with computers. It's gotta be the reason why right? Unless I am wrong and potentially I messed something up. I lost the info of the coder so I wasn't able to ask him.

And this isn't the end of the world but, I have fog lights that are LED so every time I start the car I get alerts about my fog lights being faulty and so I always have a little yellow triangle code for both fog lights telling me something wrong. Now I just have been ignoring it ever since because I figured that nothing tragic would happen because of this. But fast forward to recently, I found out that in BImmerCode there is an option to select that is LED fog lights that way this notification wouldn't come up. Well, I kinda want to do that to my car so i can get rid of this eye sore, so i tried to go on bimmercode but the FRM is unavailable to tap into.

SO, I'm wondering if there's anyone who can help me determine if it's possible for me to get into the module after all I would like to make those eye-sore notifications disappear and I'm terrible with code-related things so i thought asking the pros here would be best.

Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 12:48 AM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Use ncs expert. Your frm3 is on software version c32, its a buggy software version which can crash and have issues so apps like bimmercode will not work on them to “protect” the module. Using more advanced software like ncs expert will allow you to code it. Your module is likely to fail again though, keep that in mind. When frm does, you’ll have no front windows, no turn signal, no interior lighting. Headlights and tail lights always running
Appreciate 0