E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > 2008 328i Engine Shutter at 1500-2000 RPM

10-28-2021, 01:37 PM   #1
FuturPhil
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Package

Garage List
2019 440i  [9.83]
Question 2008 328i Engine Shutter at 1500-2000 RPM

I have read posts from several years ago that described the exact same issue I am having with my car currently and wanted to know if anybody has any updates on this? Is this a minor problem or this many years later did it result in major expenses/repairs?

These 2 posts below are identical to what I am experiencing:

2017 - "I still have a shuddering. It happens at various speeds in gears 4,5,6 it seems, when cruising at speed (from about 30 to 60, depending on gear). All is fine until engine loading increases slightly when in the 1500 to 2100 rpm range (usually hits about 1500 or so, and again at 2000, all gears). Crusing along, slightly depress pedal to keep up speed, and the shuddering starts. If I push the pedal through it and accelerate harder, it stops.

It's not a constant shuddering, but lasts several seconds, on and off, as the car works its way though that rpm range.

If I put the car in sport mode, and manually select a gear that keeps it in that rpm range, the shudder is still there somewhat, but much less noticeable"

2017 - "Hi everyone. I need help with my 2008 bmw 328i. It developed this abnormal shake about a month ago that starts between 1500-2000rpms. This shake is directly related with acceleration. If I'm accelerating from a stop light for example it'll start shaking but as soon as I let off the accelerator it stops.
I've done a couple of things to try and solve the problem like add fuel system cleaner to a full tank of gas thinking that could be it. I've also taken it to get a systems check up and had a number 1 cyl misfire so I went ahead and changed all the sparkplugs being that they had not been changed before and the number 1 ignition coil as well after I noticed that the problem continued even with all new spark plugs. I'm running out of things I can do at my level and need help with this. Please give me your input. I would highly appreciate any help. Now, this acceleration goes away only when I switch from drive to sport mode and use slap shift to control the change in gears. I think it's because it keeps the car running at higher rpms so it doesn't have to go through the 1500-2000rpm range...
Appreciate 0