E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > My E90 is lurching brutally when I press the pedal

05-27-2022, 01:14 AM   #1
3L pack
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW 330 Xi 2006

My E90 is lurching brutally when I press the pedal

Greetings comrades.
I'm new to this forum, but I have an elusive problem with my e90 330 xi 2006. It's got 120k+ kms.
A month ago I was refueling while the engine running, and as the fuel was getting to the 3/4 mark, the engine stopped and my iDrive and dashboard illuminated (transmission malfunction, 4x4 inactive, DTC disabled and start assistant inactive). I turned ignition on again after refueling and the car took time to crank, when it did it was in limp mode, I was in a remote village with no where to seek support, I drove 100 km in limp mode. As I entered the city, I stopped at a grocery store, and when I got back into the car and cranked it, everything had gone back to normal.

Long story short, since that day, it's been giving me hell on earth!

The next few days, it would take time to start and would intermittently stall while driving and before it dies, it pops out all the above faults.

I diagnosed it with Carly and there was a code for Crankshaft position sensor signal, I shipped and OE part from FCP Euro and replaced it. Since then it doesn't take time to start like before but whenever I press the pedal a lil hard especially on an inclination, or sometimes on a stretch, the car acts like it's cutting the power supply, RPMs drop for a second, the car regains momentum when I release the pedal. When it happens, the check engine light comes on and disappears after a while, sometimes it doesn't. The car stalls when It's going uphill, even at low RPMs

We have no BMW shops in my country and I have tried to use my indie mechanic, I did my transmission service (oil and filter), replaced spark plugs and fuel pump, but no improvements.

When I put it on Carly, it shows, camshaft, crankshaft correlation codes and a transmission code!

Please help comrades, I'm starting to hate this car and it's been a good companion since I bought it 7 months ago!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 02:15 AM   #2
charles1442
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 335i

Garage List
Check your throttle cable, that matches some of the symptoms you've described (jerky accelerations, engine stalls, etc…)
Appreciate 1