E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > E Series Retrofit CIC Help with software

10-02-2022, 11:37 AM   #1
ef2
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

E Series Retrofit CIC Help with software

Hi all,

Looking for some assistance here, following a retrofit I'm currently completing.

I have a 2008 E82 135i(hear me out.. CIC is same platform as E9x), which came equipped with a CCC system. I have physically installed the screen, radio and newer iDrive controller. All was working as expected, except for the Navigation option (due to FSC limitations, which I'm working towards).

So.. The goal is to enable Navigation. So Upon starting the journey using the countless resources online, I quickly determined I wanted to use Intel's CIC patcher. In doing soon, I soon realised I did not meet the requirements as my CIC was running version C08 (old!) - I need to be on version C1A.

***So, Here's what I have done so far:
CIC physically retrofitted.
Changed VO as required and changed build date to 0909
Coded CIC to my VO
Updated VIN's of modules using Tool32
Now here's the issue where I need help.. the journey of updating the CIC to C1A.. I purchased an ICOM Next, which is all working as expected, via connection by MOST and OBD. (Using iTool Radar, EasyConnect, WinKFP etc..)

With WinFKP, I then proceeded to update the modules in the following order, comfort mode, enter the VIN, update (63, then 62, then A0).

Update of 63 was underway, the screen went black and the CIC fan stayed on. The update then finished and said it was successful.
The screen was still black and fan going..
I then moved onto 62, where it would not start the update and would continuously throw error upon trying to start (see attached screenshot of error) (side note: I have updated my SpDatens to v61 & have also tried v69)
I then tried A0, where A0 was successfully completed..

So throughout this process AND now, the screen remains black and the CIC fan is always on..

I would be extremely thankful if anyone is able to help bring this CIC back to life
(y)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 05:13 PM   #2
smass
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i - 10 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Google issue updating daten files. There are several ways to update the E82 and Base folders. That is the first place I would start.
Appreciate 0