E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Oil Leak, Not sure from where

11-14-2022, 09:10 AM   #1
juiice_mayn411
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi N55

Oil Leak, Not sure from where

I own a 2013 E92 335i N55 engine.

I recently did the valve cover replacement a couple of months ago and now I am noticing a new oil leak under the car. I have jacked the car in the air multiple times and tried to find where the leak was coming from and at first I thought it was the oil pan gasket which I am not looking forward to doing (may pay a shop) since its an xDrive and is a PITA to do on jackstands.
Every Saturday I am jacking the car again to clean up the oil (leaks slowly) and am noticing that the leak appears to be coming from somewhere higher than the oil pan since there appears to be oil on the oil feed line for the turbo (at least I think that is what it is). I never changed the oil filter housing gasket and the car has 75k in miles so I was thinking that its possible its leaking slightly from there and oil going down the block but no real evidence of that either. Any help on this would be really appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0