E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Vinyl wrap - Vision Signs in Sterling VA anyone have any experience?

01-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Foxcolt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E92

Vinyl wrap - Vision Signs in Sterling VA anyone have any experience?

This is why I stay away from these forums..came here looking for winter tires and now I'm getting ready to vinyl wrap my roof, window trim and just ordered a set of black/white roundels and center caps for the car!

Has anyone used these guys before? From the website visionsign.net it looks like they mostly do advertising work. The guy quoted me $450 for the roof and window trim.

These guys are right down the street from where I work, so I'd be able to drop the car off in the morning and pick it up later that day. Which may be worth the quote as it seems a little bit higher than I've seen at other places.

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

My personal Experiance. dont use a "sign guy". I made that mistake last december and it still hurts to look at my roof. AND!! that was using my wife co worker(she works are a print shop that has a signage dept.) who was more than "qualified" needless to say i need to redo my roof and trim.

Since that probibly wont help you, I can offer some assistance, My brother and i may be able to do it for you. He used to own a small vinyl sticker buisness that evolved into wraps and then sold the buisness. Neither of us are professional vinyl people but we know what we are doing and I care about the outcome.

The place off Lee rd in chantilly is supposed to be pretty good aswell. I heard they are a little pricey but i have seen a few matte wraps that they have done and they came out good.

Just make sure who ever does it understands that there is a sharkfin on your roof that needs to be removed to be wraped correctly and to wrap the roof correctly
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
shakko
SH4K
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

OP: $450 sounds pretty steep to me too. See if they'll remove the sharkfin before wrapping. Have you thought about plastidipping the window trim yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit a View Post
My personal Experiance. dont use a "sign guy". I made that mistake last december and it still hurts to look at my roof. AND!! that was using my wife co worker(she works are a print shop that has a signage dept.) who was more than "qualified" needless to say i need to redo my roof and trim.

Since that probibly wont help you, I can offer some assistance, My brother and i may be able to do it for you. He used to own a small vinyl sticker buisness that evolved into wraps and then sold the buisness. Neither of us are professional vinyl people but we know what we are doing and I care about the outcome.

The place off Lee rd in chantilly is supposed to be pretty good aswell. I heard they are a little pricey but i have seen a few matte wraps that they have done and they came out good.

Just make sure who ever does it understands that there is a sharkfin on your roof that needs to be removed to be wraped correctly and to wrap the roof correctly
Have you wrapped any roofs in the past? I've been thinking of getting my roof wrapped in black for a while now.
      01-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Not yet but i will be redoing my white carbon roof wrap. Im going matte black with window tint on top of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
Super Amjo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

I have never done the roof myself, I went with XY03 on the forums here and as always, he did an amazing job - if you do a CF roof, make sure they don't stretch the material too much, it will cause waves in the CF.

After I saw XY03 do it, it doesn't seem that tough, I wrapped my interior and it was pretty easy, just need a little patience.

I think I'm going to wrap my whole car myself in the spring - currently BSM and am going to go with matte white or burnt orange (depending on if I buy a second car for a daily driver) - I can't drive an orange car everywhere
Appreciate 0