E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding module with NO UIF

08-21-2021, 07:53 AM   #1
Holeshot895
Rep
Drives: 335i in process of a build

Coding module with NO UIF

Hello,

I need some help, searched with no luck. I am looking for information on programming a module that is communicating but has no UIF file.

Car is an 07 E90 335i auto build date 07/07, I had a short that damaged my ibs and Junction box, everything is online now and I am trying to program the EGS but Winkpf doesn't like the missing UIF on the EGS so it throws an error and won't finish the programming.

Any help would be appreciated so I can get the race car back at the track.

Still trying to upload the pictures, it doesn't seem to upload from google drive, code is correct...
: figured it out, google dropped the hosting option on Drive, probably hurting their servers.

Thanks
M
Attached Images

Last edited by Holeshot895; 08-21-2021 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 08:10 AM   #2
Holeshot895
Rep

Last night managed to get the car running and flashed my base map on with MHD. Now it runs smooth with the 4bar map and no cats, just need to figure out the other small issues and I can drive it for a tune without the Jb4 and get the cage installed.

Where I am at now:

Car is finally running:

Kombi error- did a function test and the cluster works fine, the fuel level and engine oil temp gauges aren't functioning and are throwing codes in ISTA.

EGS error- no coding, no uif present in module, tried to flash with winkpf with read/write UIF on and the coding procedure fails due to no communication with UIF file.
I attempted to write the file with NCS expert and the flash went through but did not code the UIF. After flashing the EGS with NCS expert I was able to start the car, it probably would have started before this but I didn't wan to try due to some other errors so I can't confirm if this flash actually did anything.

I found some information that may work, it involves writing some code in notebook and importing it into toolset32. This code will rewrite the UIF file once constructed, can not confirm but it is worth a try.

Here is the link to that:
https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/2016/02/26...f-with-tool32/

What I need to figure out today that is the limiting factor is Toolset32.
The damn program will not install properly regardless how it is installed, I constantly have Initialization errors and I have exhausted all the usual fix's that I could find on the net, all the other programs in the Bimmer tools folder function for what I was doing, so I believe this is the only program having issues.

I am going to try to get another laptop with a fresh windows install, I think it is a windows issue with a file that has been left over after all the uninstalls and install or something similar.

If anyone could help me trouble shoot this program that would be great, I think this is my last hurdle.

Thanks
M
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #3
Holeshot895
Rep

Another update:

A little more progression after many hours going through the programs and trying to get toolset32 to work.

Findings are the program has always worked. I have been trying to load the SGBD.prg file which is listed in my module list in INPA as the correct one, but when I try to load it I get the initialization Error.

When I was trying to figure it out I was just selecting random .prg files and none would work. I decided to go down my installed .prg list and I could get the first few I tried to work.

I am at the point I figure I am choosing the wrong .prg file for GS19D.
Or
The file is corrupt. But I tried before updating sp-daten and after same result.
Or
The SGBD file displayed in INPA is incorrect.

Any on of these is possible I would think since the coding is absent. I did get GS19D to load and flash in winfpk with UIF turn off. But the flash did nothing although reportwd successful.

If anyone has any input that would be great. I am going to continue to dig.

I'm trying to flash my 07 E90 335i Auto transmission listed SGBD number is GS19D properly corresponds with the ZUSB number in winkpf.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 09:11 PM   #4
Holeshot895
Rep

Update,

Hope some of this helps someone one day.

Figured out the software issue with Toolset32.

Problem:
No matter how the program was installed, with an installer or manually I got initializing errors of varying types, everytime I uninstalled Bimmertools and tried to reinstall. I also used a registry cleaner and disc scrubber between each install and it made no difference. Maybe a different Initialization code.

Solution:
Had another Asus i7 Zenbook with charging port issue I was about to send back to Asus, but decided I would wipe windows clean off that laptop and enduring having to wait 6hrs to charge the laptop because of the charging port. Also when it was charged I would maybe get 3hrs of work on it because it also won't operate with the adapter plugged in. FFS

After a fresh install of Bimmer tools following the instructions, I rebooted, then installed my required sp-daten files through the coding tool. Then copied my downloaded .pfl files over to NCSEXPER/PFL. finally I rebooted again.

Now when I Run Toolset32 as admin, I load sgdat group and pick any proper .prg file it works.

So for those of you that are having issues getting one of these bimmergeeks tools working, and you are confident of your install procedure, I highly recommend installing a fresh copy of windows 10. When installing click no to all windows add on features so windows can't possibly manipulate your data or install.

So in my case, and I am sure in many others, it is a Windows issue.
Only painful parts is that took all day with this busted computer because I wasn't wiping the other one.

Let's hope I am able to figure out how to code in the UIF, so that I can communicate with the module and code it. I have some more learning to do unless someone knows how?

M

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 02:20 PM   #5
F31B48
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 E61 LCI

Were you using comfort mode in WINKFP? Have you tried flashing it with ISTA/P? Are you using bimmergeeks cable?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 04:49 PM   #6
Holeshot895
Rep

Okay, I haven't been able to find a concrete example of the code structure for the GS19D. I want to make sure I have the correct string code value and are in the correct order.

If anyone has any experience with coding the UIF/AIF of any module, especially the EGS I could use some input to wether the structure is the same for all modules? Or does each module have a unique structure?

Thanks
M
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 07:08 PM   #7
Maxmil982
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 e60 535i xDrive

Is this INPA compatible
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 07:18 PM   #8
Holeshot895
Rep

Not sure what you are talking about?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 08:34 PM   #9
Holeshot895
Rep

I have a bimmergeeks cable, the bimmergeeks software download, ISTA, rather not use ISTA P without a voltage stabilizer and ICOM.

I'm trying to program with NCSEXPER or Toolset32

Thanks for the help
Appreciate 0