E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > ISID v3.1 ISTA D+P for E90

08-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #89
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Has anybody tried running the ICOM Emulator from their host OS instead of running it in a VM? This seems like it would be a superior method but when I try running the ICOM it pauses at "start initialize haldus" in command prompt. I can't get to where it says "starts rolling back".
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #90
abhi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Convertible (E93)

i finally downloaded ISID_31_E89_ISTA-P-D and was able to run the diagnostic tool but when I try to run ISTA-P it bails when trying to do a module turnover with the following error (in screenshot). I am using an ICOM Emulator and K+DCAN cable.

Any ideas how I can get around this error?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #91
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

What cable are you using? Also, try downloading latest VM on other thread with 50.2 files...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #92
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Actually it think I know this problem, I bet your car has MOST connection yes?

iCom Emulator + DCAN cable has no most connection. You will need to buy ICOM original or Clone unit to code / program that car with ISTA
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #93
abhi
Private
United_States
Rep

Yes you were correct. I have E93 with a MOST network. I did end up buying a ICOM A+B. Could you point me to the new VM? Also, another quick question. Is there a way to import and activate FSC Codes without having to go thru the detection and measures process? Is that acheivable through the XP mode? Could you share the password for xp?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #94
abhi
Private
United_States
Rep

I have found and downloaded the latest VMWare image with 50.2. I have not tried it just yet. I am hoping to have some of the answers to the queries I have above before I proceed.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #95
wtfangry
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 320

trying to make a full ispi 3.1

Hello,
I am trying to make my own bmw diagnostic sistem v3.1. Currently i just finished making the isis server (ibase) as a virtual machine and i'm at registration.I would be very grateful for any information in making the system, any link to any image of the original DVDs will be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance ,best wishes to all.

Registration successful
Now passing to next step, editing xml s

Last edited by wtfangry; 10-04-2013 at 05:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #96
alexxx123
Rep
Drives: e87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinoner View Post
Great work!
I have the Rheingold 3.39.30 German/English/Russian.

Great!
maybe share a key please version 3.38
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #97
bjorneoen
Rep
Drives: E87

ista error k+dcan cable..

I just installed "sensible's" full version of ista along with gini's icom emu 3.0.3.
After some trying with the network settings, i finally got the icom to show in ista.

I am trying to get ista to work with my k+dcan-usb cable with my BMW E87 1 series.

I started up ista and and the icom emulator on my windows 8 computer with VMware Workstation 10 and connected the k+dcan cable to my car. It worked and made contact with the car and started reading out different values like my vin number and production date etc.

But suddenly i got a popup window with 4 errors..
It says: "An error occurred on execution of the measure."

94201 Technical service initialisation failed (EDIABAS) - IFH-0009: ECU not connected or not responding

10007 (CIP) - Error during initialisation of EDIABAS

94020 Determination of the vehicle context failed

Why am i getting these errors??? I really want this to work with my car..

I saw that someone said this could be because the car had MOST connection but i don't have MOST in my car that i know of.

Wrong cable??

Does "sensible's" VMware version support E87??? Or do i have to put the ECU files in myself??

Here is a picture of the error:
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #98
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorneoen
I just installed "sensible's" full version of ista along with gini's icom emu 3.0.3.
After some trying with the network settings, i finally got the icom to show in ista.

I am trying to get ista to work with my k+dcan-usb cable with my BMW E87 1 series.

I started up ista and and the icom emulator on my windows 8 computer with VMware Workstation 10 and connected the k+dcan cable to my car. It worked and made contact with the car and started reading out different values like my vin number and production date etc.

But suddenly i got a popup window with 4 errors..
It says: "An error occurred on execution of the measure."

94201 Technical service initialisation failed (EDIABAS) - IFH-0009: ECU not connected or not responding

10007 (CIP) - Error during initialisation of EDIABAS

94020 Determination of the vehicle context failed

Why am i getting these errors??? I really want this to work with my car..

I saw that someone said this could be because the car had MOST connection but i don't have MOST in my car that i know of.

Wrong cable??

Does "sensible's" VMware version support E87??? Or do i have to put the ECU files in myself??

Here is a picture of the error:
I think he mentioned in the first post that he only did the E90 platform. Basically including all platforms would be a way bigger file size. He did give some info on the first page if you wanted to include other chassis.
      10-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #99
bjorneoen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
I think he mentioned in the first post that he only did the E90 platform. Basically including all platforms would be a way bigger file size. He did give some info on the first page if you wanted to include other chassis.

Yeah i saw that too but this is the full version downloaded from here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876918

I tried both the lite and the full version but same error.

I mapped the vmware ista harddrive and i checked through the folders and i found out that i got the version with all the files, and the lite version only has the E89 files.

The E89 folder doesnt only contain files for E90, it does work for E87 also, just like with ncsexpert and inpa, they are using the same files which are in the E89 folder.
So if the files isent the problem, what could be the problem then? :O
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #100
dorkbydesign
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 320i

Can someone please seed? Availability is at 0.142.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 02:34 AM   #101
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Are you sure no MOST network in the car? I think this is the problem.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #102
alexxx123
Rep

Download the full version, there everything works.
You have an emulator with a key or snapshot?
If snapshot, it is necessary to select correct, in your case K+DCAN Start is necessary.
There are manuals with pictures.manuals
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #103
bjorneoen
Rep

e87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Are you sure no MOST network in the car? I think this is the problem.
I pretty sure that i dont got any MOST network in my car! How can i check to be sure?
I know that the 1 series equipped with the BMW Radio Professional got MOST but i got the standard BMW Radio Business without MOST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxx123 View Post
Download the full version, there everything works.
You have an emulator with a key or snapshot?
If snapshot, it is necessary to select correct, in your case K+DCAN Start is necessary.
There are manuals with pictures.manuals
I already have the full version just like i said earlier in the post..
I got an emulator without dongle so i am using the snapshot method and i'm starting it with K+DCAN.
So i am using the correct snapshot and i get contact with the car and ISTA reads out my vin number and production date and a few more things then it suddenly shows an error and the session ends..
Yeah i know, i've red the manuals also.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #104
alexxx123
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorneoen View Post
I pretty sure that i dont got any MOST network in my car! How can i check to be sure?
I know that the 1 series equipped with the BMW Radio Professional got MOST but i got the standard BMW Radio Business without MOST.

I already have the full version just like i said earlier in the post..
I got an emulator without dongle so i am using the snapshot method and i'm starting it with K+DCAN.
So i am using the correct snapshot and i get contact with the car and ISTA reads out my vin number and production date and a few more things then it suddenly shows an error and the session ends..
Yeah i know, i've red the manuals also.
Well he also writes to you that there is no response from the unit or the unit is absent. Or the unit hung up (such happens). For this purpose it is necessary to remove the battery сlem for 5-10 minutes. I had such situation on some X3 (in INPA), and it already an adapter problem. OPPS or ICOM is necessary.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 02:52 AM   #105
bjorneoen
Rep

Quote:
Well he also writes to you that there is no response from the unit or the unit is absent. Or the unit hung up (such happens). For this purpose it is necessary to remove the battery сlem for 5-10 minutes. I had such situation on some X3 (in INPA), and it already an adapter problem. OPPS or ICOM is necessary.

I have tried removing the battery clamps for 5-10 minutes but still the same message. I also tried reseting the modules in ncs expert but that didnt help either. If i connect with ncs expert, winkfp, tool32 or inpa, i dont get any error at all and everything works, just ista that wont connect properly

How can i check if i have MOST?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #106
B12
Rep
Drives: ALPINA B12 5.7

Quote:
I have tried removing the battery clamps for 5-10 minutes but still the same message. I also tried reseting the modules in ncs expert but that didnt help either. If i connect with ncs expert, winkfp, tool32 or inpa, i dont get any error at all and everything works, just ista that wont connect properly

Did you check your virtual Com Port settings?
IFH 0009 means "control unit not connected" inside of the advanced Com Port settings you can find "FIFO" it should be enabled and the responce time should be at 1ms for a DCAN Interface. I think it is a communication problem with a suddenly death of a handshake.

What kind of inteface it is? Some interfaces are hardware grap, sorry.

Sensibles version is working very well and the he made are superb work.

At least the problem could be the Software EMU, in some cases I had problems with older cars with missing modules. But not like a complete cut off. But at least I never tested the EMU on a E87.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #107
alexxx123
Rep

Quote:

There is no Navi or at least the receiver of Profeshnl - isn't present the MOST
Here pictures in most.zip (in Russian but you I think you will understand according to the diagram
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip most.zip (131.5 KB, 266 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #108
bjorneoen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
Did you check your virtual Com Port settings?
IFH 0009 means "control unit not connected" inside of the advanced Com Port settings you can find "FIFO" it should be enabled and the responce time should be at 1ms for a DCAN Interface. I think it is a communication problem with a suddenly death of a handshake.

What kind of inteface it is? Some interfaces are hardware grap, sorry.

Sensibles version is working very well and the he made are superb work.

At least the problem could be the Software EMU, in some cases I had problems with older cars with missing modules. But not like a complete cut off. But at least I never tested the EMU on a E87.
Ah maybe that can be the cause..
I havent checked my virtual com port settings yet. Where do i find those settings? In the ICOM emulator virtual machine?
Yes i am using DCAN interface, cheap one bought from ebay Works perfectly with inpa and ncs expert.

Yes he has done a superb work, really great version, i just wish i could get it working with my car so i could try it even further

Quote:
There is no Navi or at least the receiver of Profeshnl - isn't present the MOST
Here pictures in most.zip (in Russian but you I think you will understand according to the diagram
I got no navi or no professional radio, i'm pretty sure that i dont got that MOST connection! I havent seen it!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #109
B12
Rep
Drives: ALPINA B12 5.7

Quote:
Ah maybe that can be the cause..
I havent checked my virtual com port settings yet. Where do i find those settings? In the ICOM emulator virtual machine?
Yes i am using DCAN interface, cheap one bought from ebay Works perfectly with inpa and ncs expert.
You have to go to the Device Manager inside your OS (WinXp or Win7). With a disconnected Interface take a look on the devices, than connect the DCAN Interface. One device will be added and a new COM Port will be assigned. It could be COM3 or COM9 if it is working with the EMU it is COM9. Hit the tab and go to advanced settings, take care that FIFO is enabled and the response time is 1ms.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #110
tinkerman
Private First Class
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '07 320i (E90)

Quote:
I got no navi or no professional radio, i'm pretty sure that i dont got that MOST connection! I havent seen it!
The best way to find out is 'get your hands dirty'. First you should check for a square shaped cap/cover about 4x4cm size on the plastic cover above the feet pedals. If it is there, then you can get a flat head screw driver and pry it open gently from the inner side(the side that you cannot see easily). Doing so, it will allow you to pull down the MOST interface cover/adapter/connector assembly.

To use the MOST connector, you have to disconnect the 'L' shaped cover from the pointy adapter. To do this you have to first disconnect the MOST connector from the pointy adapter, then pry aside an arrow-head shaped hook on the pointy adapter while pushing it toward the pointy side. The pictures below will make it clear.

I chose to take off the entire cover above the pedals(using a Torx screw driver set) to see what sort of craziness is going on in there, and also took apart the MOST interface/adapter/connector assembly. Note that if you intend to use an ICOM, then you want to use that pointy adapter connected to the MOST connector so you can insert the pointy portion into the ICOM's 'ICOM B hardware' (MOST-USB-ICOM A interface connector).
Attached Images

Last edited by tinkerman; 10-10-2013 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0