E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie quad cab - low miles - excellent condition

12-27-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
NorCalAthlete
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: FZ09, Durango RT

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie quad cab - low miles - excellent condition

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Well it's about that time I think. Putting my baby up for sale.

The Good

• Relevant bullet points:
  • 66,3xx miles (updated 12-26-15, still drive it occasionally)
  • 5.7L 400hp HEMI
  • 20" premium wheels
  • 3.55 gears (have towed a large uhaul trailer w/ a Camaro on it with no issues)(hint hint for those who do trackdays)
  • 20+ mpg freeway, 14-15 mpg city (unless you like to do 80 mph in the fast lane all the time)
  • Tow hookups/package, just no extra wide mirrors
  • 2WD (have taken it up to Tahoe in heavy snow, didn't have any issues)
  • LineX spray in liner (lifetime warranty)
  • Truxedo Lo-Pro QT bed cover (lifetime warranty)
  • 283959-way power seats w/ memory recall
  • Leather seats
  • Heated front seats
  • Ventilated/AC front seats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Navigation
  • Bluetooth uConnect for phone
  • 11 speaker Alpine factory premium audio system
  • DVD player
  • iPod connector
  • Sirius Satellite radio
  • Backup Camera
  • Backup sensors
  • Autotilt mirrors in Reverse
  • Auto tint/dimming mirrors
  • Heated defrost for mirrors, rear window
  • Universal garage opener (3 programmable) on rearview mirror
  • Fog lights
  • Cruise control
  • Dual zone climate control
  • Keyless entry
  • Power windows/locks
  • Steering wheel controls for audio
  • Class IV tow hitch
  • Factory rust-proofing
  • New tires very recently - easily 95% of their life left
  • Registration just renewed, not due till September 2016
  • Snow chains
  • Dual Black Widow loading ramps + ramp straps
  • 8x 500lb tie down ratchet straps, 2x 5000 lb ratchet straps (no that's not a typo)
  • ConsoleVault in center console w/ combination lock
  • Original owner
  • No kids ever rode in it
  • No pets, but one dog rode in it exactly once, on a blanket I put down over the whole backseat
  • All maintenance records, all work was done by Putnam in Burlingame, on regular intervals
  • One recall for rear axle pinion nut repaired in February 2013
  • Garaged 95% of the time
  • Majority freeway miles (probably 80/20 split, maybe 90/10)

The Bad
  • Wheels have some brake dust accumulated. Just like every other vehicle out there. I don't feel like scrubbing it. Sorry.
  • Minor parking lot dings here and there. 99% of people won't notice. If you're a bit OCD like me you'll notice...eventually. Maybe. They're small.
  • When I first got the truck the right side mirror got replaced under warranty 2-3x because it would tilt down for reverse, and then not tilt back up. So every time you'd shift into reverse, it would tilt down a bit more and stay there, till you're driving and look to change lanes and realize you're staring at the painted line going by. ~60,000 miles later and haven't had any issues with the mirror since. Mirrors work perfectly and have outstanding field of view - and the auto tilt lets you parallel park like a champ.
  • Chrome trim around the shifter can sometimes be annoying if the sun hits it at juuuuuuuust the right angle. Sits at that tiny little gap between your cheek and your sunglasses. Or does for me at least with my body positioning. I'm really just nitpicking here to see who's still reading. Hi, nice to see you're paying attention.
  • Parking sensors (around the same time as the mirror when I first bought the truck, not sure if they were part of the same issue since both functions were tied into shifting into reverse) were a bit screwy. Added the backup camera as a factory upgrade after a minor incident with a fire hydrant. Bumper and sensors were replaced by insurance, fought with Chrysler and lost over it. No biggie. ~60,000 miles later and 0 issues since then. Camera works beautifully. You can squeeze this thing into a compact spot with their help.
  • Bed is not watertight. Sadly, you cannot make this into a rolling hot tub without extensive usage of tarps and other sealants. But once you do, it'd be a great addition to any parade (hint hint all you denizens of debauchery)
  • Storage under the rear seat can only hold the tow hitch, a small air compressor, road flares, gloves, reflective belt, beanie, extension cord, and an MRE for emergencies. What is this, storage for ants?! (seriously though it's a pretty good amount)
  • No in-floor coolers for the rear seat like some of the new crew cab models have. Seriously, that's an awesome feature for road trips/Tahoe.
  • Someone stole my tail hitch cap. It was just a rubber plug with the ram on it :| but who does that?!
  • No scenic pictures of this overlooking an epic mountain pass
  • No pictures of this set up at Thunderhill with an adventure tent in the back. But seriously, you could do it.
  • No race track stickers, tire company stickers, spoiler, etc on it. But hey, there's a nice big full rear window (rather than the split rear/sliding glass one) you can slap as many stickers as you want on.
  • Sits too high in traffic to read the bumper stickers on the cars in front of you. Makes it boring, you can only watch the miles ahead of you to see the 3 fuckers pacing each other side by side at 40 mph with nobody in front of them. May induce road rage knowing you can't split up the middle and pass them.

Bottom line, I haven't used it as a truck since 2012. I picked up my brother's motorcycle from Concord when he bought it, and brought it to the dealership for his service. My sister asks me to pick up stuff for her from IKEA once in a while, but realistically even that could still fit in a car/SUV. I've always been a pretty mellow driver. #2-#3 lane most of the time just cruising. Never been driven hard or abused. I don't own a dirt bike and this has never seen off road. So basically the most action the bed has seen is my golf clubs.

Asking price is $25,000.

edit - registration renewed and new tires added as bullet points.

Last edited by NorCalAthlete; 02-14-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 02:47 PM   #2
NorCalAthlete
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump for price drop.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #3
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Kinda pricey for 6 year old truck IMO...and I'm from Canada.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
NorCalAthlete
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needbmwpartzz View Post
1. Please see this thread.

2. Seeing as you're from Canada, you're likely unfamiliar with the secondary truck market (not to mention quite possibly the new truck market) here in the US, let alone in California. I'm assuming we all would consider $150,000 for a new BMW M4 vastly overpriced...but for someone in Australia, that's not necessarily true.

Basically...if you're not interested, don't buy it. If you're unfamiliar with the market, do some research and don't thread crap.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #5
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete
Quote:
1. Please see this thread.

2. Seeing as you're from Canada, you're likely unfamiliar with the secondary truck market (not to mention quite possibly the new truck market) here in the US, let alone in California. I'm assuming we all would consider $150,000 for a new BMW M4 vastly overpriced...but for someone in Australia, that's not necessarily true.

Basically...if you're not interested, don't buy it. If you're unfamiliar with the market, do some research and don't thread crap.

Whoops,my bad....GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #6
NorCalAthlete
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Whoops,my bad....GLWS!
Thanks