E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Bimmian LEDS

06-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #67
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
I posted this on another thread but these are my results from the interior LED setup for an 08 E92 coupe:

Actually the kit i ordered for a 2008 e92 coupe enabled me to replace the;

Vanity Mirror lights (both sides)
Front and Rear center dome lights
Front and Rear Map/Reading lights
Glove Box Light
Rear footwell lights (both sides)
Front footwell lights (both sides)
Lights under the door that come on when you open them (both sides)
Interior trunk light
Since i have a 2008 my car already had LED for the license plate so i have an additional one left over.
That was every light i could find in the car.
None of the LED's ever threw an error (thank god) just issues with(see below)

Every one of them work perfectly, except the front and rear dome & Map/Reading lights, they're all whacked out.

When i initially get into my car and start (remaining parked) it i am always able to turn on both the dome and map lights, but you can only leave them on for about 30 seconds then they go off and all the under door LED's, rear footwell LED's & front footwell LED's all turn on. When you go to turn on either the front or rear dome lights, all the floor LED's turn off but the dome lights don't turn on, so there are no LEDs on at this point.

The map lights may or may not work at this point either. They may make the floor LED's turn on, or they may work, there is no set pattern to it, the dome lights are the only ones that will never turn back on until you stop and start your car again. Keep in mind this is all while parked because when your driving it reacts differently (a little).

(While Driving) Sometimes the dome lights work perfectly and they'll stay on for longer then 30 seconds, on the other hand after 30 seconds they'll turn off the floor LED's go on. Other times the dome lights won't go on at all, they just act as a switch to turn on or off the floor LED's, which you NEVER need while driving.

(While Driving) The map lights will always go on but sometimes they'll stay on longer than 30 seconds and sometimes they'll go off and act like a switch to turn on/off the floor LED's.

I just use the vanity mirror LED's as my dome lights while driving or parked because they are VERY VERY VERY bright and stay on forever. It's a workaround but not having the dome & map lights work is a f**king pain in the ass. I've tried removing the LED's from the 4 map lights and only having LED's in the dome lights, same results. I've tried the reverse of that with LED's in the map lights and not in the dome lights, same results.

I've been dealing with having to work around the issues with the dome/map LED's only because i never wanted to try and explain all the different scenarios in a post but i'm hungover at work today and just don't feel like doing anything productive, so here i am writing this LOL

To sum it all up, the LED's look AWSOME and you can use the vanity mirrors as your dome lights but i'm finding that to be MORE AND MORE AND MORE annoying to deal with.

So im asking Jlevi (where i got the LED set) for some on how to fix the issue (if there even is one)
Kenneth...per my response to you in several threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I'm not sure if you saw my response in the other thread but we have encountered this on a very select few vehicles. It seems to be tied to the vehicle's specific software interaction with the new LEDs which have a slightly different power draw than the stock bulbs. We are currently testing a few solutions and trying to find a fix. As soon as we have one available, we will let you guys know.

For the most part, these seem to be isolated issues as the vast majority of our kits do not encounter these issues when installed on any of the E9X series.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #68
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i JB/Black Dakota

I understand you've replied to me in other threads but there's no harm in letting people know my results in my e92. They might not have seen my response in the other thread. I feel like my info is definitely important for people wanting to buy the interior LED's. I make no knock on Jlevi, in fact i say that they look AWSOME, except for the dome light issue. It's definitely worth the purchase, especially since i the LED's have a lifetime warranty and i've seen other threads of EXCELLENT customer service by you guys about replacing any non functioning LED's.
2011 Jet Black 328i, 6-Speed Manual, Black Dakota Leather, Brushed Aluminum, Harmon Kardon w/ Surround Sound, Navi, BMW Apps, iPod & USB Adapter, BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth, Full LED Interior, 6000k HID Fogs, Matte Black Kidney Grills, M3 Lip Spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, 19" Beyern Black Mesh *19x8.5 front(ET40)* *19x9.5 rear(ET30)*
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #69
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

Kenneth,

No worries just wanted to make sure you saw my reply as I wasn't sure you did. Glad you are happy with them and we will get you guys squared away rather soon!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #70
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

Quote:
Kenneth,

No worries just wanted to make sure you saw my reply as I wasn't sure you did. Glad you are happy with them and we will get you guys squared away rather soon!
Mine are quirky too.

But they do look great and I have faith that nick will keep me in mind when there is a solution. I feel that something will be figured out sooner or later.

Ive bought everything from my car that was available from Jlevi from nick and I wouldnt go to anyone else for anything unless they didnt have it.

Customer service is 2nd to none and prices are alway fair.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 05:34 AM   #71
Glassy
E36, E46, E90, E92, F32
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

FRICKIN. SPEAKING OF BIMMIAN, IM SUPER DISSAPOINTED IN THE WAY THEYVE TREATED ME AS A CUSTOMER.

I orderd the lightest smoked tint tailight film and i only instaled one piece and it doesnt even cover the whole lense evenly. On top of that, it is WAY darker then it is advertised on their site. ITs practically blacked out when its installed on the taillight.

I emailed bimmian requesting that i get store credit or a refund and they denied both. Pretty much, "too damn bad. Our money now." Ive ordered several times from bimmian before and its kinda sad that they cant take care of me when im having problem with a poor product. I was going to get their trunk lip spoiler for the E92, matte black kidney grills, and new mesh grille but im seriously rethinkinh about going to a new seller. M-Force design look like they have the same stuff too.

Not trying to bag on bimmian some more cause i kno they work hard on their products, but its not like i installed all 4 film pieces and said i didnt liek how it looked. i installed ONE piece, it didnt fit, and was way darker on the lense then advertised, and i cant even get store credit back, regardless that it was opened.

an analogy for mark since he works in the restraunt business, it was like ordering a steak and getting mashed potatoes.
      07-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #72
bimmian
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by artichoke2 View Post
FRICKIN. SPEAKING OF BIMMIAN, IM SUPER DISSAPOINTED IN THE WAY THEYVE TREATED ME AS A CUSTOMER.

I orderd the lightest smoked tint tailight film and i only instaled one piece and it doesnt even cover the whole lense evenly. On top of that, it is WAY darker then it is advertised on their site. ITs practically blacked out when its installed on the taillight.

I emailed bimmian requesting that i get store credit or a refund and they denied both. Pretty much, "too damn bad. Our money now." Ive ordered several times from bimmian before and its kinda sad that they cant take care of me when im having problem with a poor product. I was going to get their trunk lip spoiler for the E92, matte black kidney grills, and new mesh grille but im seriously rethinkinh about going to a new seller. M-Force design look like they have the same stuff too.

Not trying to bag on bimmian some more cause i kno they work hard on their products, but its not like i installed all 4 film pieces and said i didnt liek how it looked. i installed ONE piece, it didnt fit, and was way darker on the lense then advertised, and i cant even get store credit back, regardless that it was opened.

an analogy for mark since he works in the restraunt business, it was like ordering a steak and getting mashed potatoes.
Hey there, i emailed you earlier this morning about this. I wanted to get full information.

The problem with this, from the way that i understand it, is that you dont really have a product to return.

This film is essentially a sticker, and once a sticker is stuck on something it cannot be removed and restuck, and of course we could never sell that to another customer.

I see you ordered the light film, if indeed you recieved the dark film, (the light is quite light) then we will definately issue a credit because of the mis-ship.

I asked you for pics earlier in my email this morning, please do send me the pics as requested.

We stand behind our products and want to make sure that you are satisfied. Had you requested a return before sticking it on, no problem, it is because the product is now destroyed that we are having an issue here. I am sure we can come to some sort of resolution for you.

I dont often check the forums, so please email me directly by responding to what i emailed this morning.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #73
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by artichoke2 View Post

Good luck resolving your problem. I hope everything works out for you. Please keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #74
Glassy
E36, E46, E90, E92, F32
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

update: Ian from Bimmian has been taking excellent care of me. He has shown great concern for me so far and it is much appreciated that they wont leave me stuck with the product i ordered. We are working to resolve it right now. Ill keep you all posted.
      07-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #75
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

Bimmian is very good about taking care of their customers. It's always best to drop them an email and let them handle any issues directly!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #76
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bimmian is very good about taking care of their customers. It's always best to drop them an email and let them handle any issues directly!
Two more LED's have stopped working properly. They are the 5 LED Under door/ Puddle lights. They each have 5 LED's on each bulb but only one of the LED's is working on either bulb. Here are some pics of what i mean.
Name:  Bimmian 5 LED (1).jpeg
Views: 329
Size:  8.6 KB

Name:  Bimmian 5 LED.jpeg
Views: 289
Size:  7.2 KB

What do i have to do in order to bet them replaced?
2011 Jet Black 328i, 6-Speed Manual, Black Dakota Leather, Brushed Aluminum, Harmon Kardon w/ Surround Sound, Navi, BMW Apps, iPod & USB Adapter, BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth, Full LED Interior, 6000k HID Fogs, Matte Black Kidney Grills, M3 Lip Spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, 19" Beyern Black Mesh *19x8.5 front(ET40)* *19x9.5 rear(ET30)*
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #77
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
You have to wait like the rest of us
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #78
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
Two more LED's have stopped working properly. They are the 5 LED Under door/ Puddle lights. They each have 5 LED's on each bulb but only one of the LED's is working on either bulb. Here are some pics of what i mean.
Attachment 169430

Attachment 169431

What do i have to do in order to bet them replaced?
Kenneth,

I received your email this morning and we will be sending out replacements immediately.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #79
kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I received your email and thank you for the quick response.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #80
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Kenneth,

I received your email this morning and we will be sending out replacements immediately.
Hey Nick can you send me some replacements as well?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #81
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

Please drop me an email directly and I will look into your order with us. Also describe the problems you are encountering and with which exact bulbs (pictures of the bulbs helps).
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #82
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Please drop me an email directly and I will look into your order with us. Also describe the problems you are encountering and with which exact bulbs (pictures of the bulbs helps).
I didn't buy these from you, I bought them from Bimmian direct. Will you honour warranty on their behalf?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #83
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

You should contact Bimmian directly for a warranty replacement in that case.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #84
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
+1...they are the one who sold to you and the should be doing the replacement...plus Jlevi SW is one of the Bimmian distributor anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #85
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I know this, I was only joking. I think Ian is upset with me because I posted the problems with the LED's on the forum. There is no more communication between him and I. Everytime I e-mail him looking for an update he replies that I should return the product and get a refund. WTF????

Last edited by markymarc1979; 07-17-2008 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #86
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
I know this, I was only joking. I think Ian is upset with me because I posted the problems with the LED's on the forum. There is no more communication between him and I. Everytime I e-mail him looking for an update he replies that I should return the product and get a refund. WTF????
not be an a-ss but I don't blame him... He was trying to help you out and you started posting this thread while his product was in development stage. He clearly stated that yours is the 1st car these bulbs were ever tested on and asked for your patience. It looks like he is done dealing with you and the LED's in your car. So return the bulbs and be done with this.

In addition, if you are incapable of replacing couple of LED bulbs yourself, it leads me to believe that you are unable to trouble shoot as well and there is a chance the bulbs in your car are just fine.

I have directly dealt w/ Ian and Nick before and received excellent customer service. Ian went as far as sending me full foglight replacements when only one of my bulbs were burnt out. Same thing w/ Nick.... One of the LED license plate bulbs did not work on our MINI and replacements were sent instantly....

You said that you are in the restaurant business. If you have customer that constantly complains about your food and bad mouths your restaurant to people even after you try to fix the problem over and over again..... you will pretty much ask him not to come to your restaurant any more.....

Just return the bulbs and quit bugging Ian!
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 05:33 PM   #87
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
not be an a-ss but I don't blame him... He was trying to help you out and you started posting this thread while his product was in development stage. He clearly stated that yours is the 1st car these bulbs were ever tested on and asked for your patience. It looks like he is done dealing with you and the LED's in your car. So return the bulbs and be done with this.

In addition, if you are incapable of replacing couple of LED bulbs yourself, it leads me to believe that you are unable to trouble shoot as well and there is a chance the bulbs in your car are just fine.

I have directly dealt w/ Ian and Nick before and received excellent customer service. Ian went as far as sending me full foglight replacements when only one of my bulbs were burnt out. Same thing w/ Nick.... One of the LED license plate bulbs did not work on our MINI and replacements were sent instantly....

You said that you are in the restaurant business. If you have customer that constantly complains about your food and bad mouths your restaurant to people even after you try to fix the problem over and over again..... you will pretty much ask him not to come to your restaurant any more.....

Just return the bulbs and quit bugging Ian!
well said!! and no doubt that Nick has good cutomer service!!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #88
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
I guess it's time for me to throw in the towel and write these off. Now I'm in search of another LED kit. What other kits are proven?
Appreciate 0