Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Switching to non-runflats

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Yardley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335XI, Sport, Prem, Nav

Switching to non-runflats

Finally made up my mind and placed my order today for a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires. I was wondering why everyone on here that goes with standard tires doesn't get them installed at a BMW dealer so I called and asked if that would be a problem. The first place said it wouldn't be a problem, the second place however said that it could be done on my car, but that they aren't allowed to do it there. I then asked if it would affect my 4 year warranty and they said that it would.

Has anyone had any problems with the dealer/warranty for installing standard tires?
      05-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
Drakos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G42 M240i

Never had any issues and the dealer is full of shit. It would affect the warranty for what? The tires maybe, because they are not stock. Most people would agree that runflats feel like crap on the road. I have a brand new set that I remove right away a few months after buying the car. Factory rims are used for winter setup with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R's. Summer setup I use a set of VMR 718's with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's. The ride is night and day and very affordable tires. I would check with another dealer if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
Yardley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335XI, Sport, Prem, Nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
Never had any issues and the dealer is full of shit. It would affect the warranty for what? The tires maybe, because they are not stock. Most people would agree that runflats feel like crap on the road. I have a brand new set that I remove right away a few months after buying the car. Factory rims are used for winter setup with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R's. Summer setup I use a set of VMR 718's with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's. The ride is night and day and very affordable tires. I would check with another dealer if I were you.
thanks, yea I'm def gonna go with the first dealer.