E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MHD failed to write about 55 times for three days

10-19-2019, 06:48 AM   #1
Tadlad08
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

MHD failed to write about 55 times for three days

Good morning, Afternoon or evening for some. I have a huge problem. Been trying to flash my 2007 335xi since Tuesday. Old battery was great sitting at 13volt with a 6amp charger the flash failed, so on Wednesday I brought another battery charger 10amps and tried to flash once again failed to write and later on just stayed at contacting DME. Left it on that screen and it started talking to the DME again to flash but I can't pull any codes from the DME. Car don't crank, every light is on the dash abs, tire pressure, car on the lift, air bag lights and ect.. Thursday tried again with the battery fully charged even added two chargers while it was flashing eventually paket failed again. Friday I decided to go buy another battery AMG brand new fully charge it and it sits at 14.5 volts put the charger on it and flash the car steady voltage at 14.5 and around about 30% fails second time 91% fails again. Bimmergeek cable connects fines otg not sure if that would cause it to messed up midway through the flash. Tablet I'm using is amazon fire with google play store. Ignition is on(fuel gauge showing) fuse for Lp fuel is out and wipers for some reason was going off so I pulled that fuse also to save power. I removed the battery and it's now charger again and also removed the DME (idk why) new OTG adaptor is coming today and maybe I should try another device, but I'm not sure if that's my issue. West Philadelphia area anyone , or any tips! Help!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

A couple of tips, first turn off everything on the tablet that can interrupt communication, make sure bluetooth and wifi are turned off fully and or tablet is in airplane mode.

Second if the wipers went off while flashing that is 100% an indication of voltage dropping to low during the operation.

These cars draw a lot of power so in 45 minutes you can drop voltage pretty hard more than any 10 amp charger can deal with - I use a 70 amp charger and during a flash the charger will routinely be supplying 30+ amps of power to the car. The issue is that most people are not going to buy a 500 charger, so your other option is hook it up to another car that is running and put some booster cables on it and let that keep it fully powered during the flash.
Appreciate 2
      10-19-2019, 08:25 AM   #3
Tadlad08
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
A couple of tips, first turn off everything on the tablet that can interrupt communication, make sure bluetooth and wifi are turned off fully and or tablet is in airplane mode.

Second if the wipers went off while flashing that is 100% an indication of voltage dropping to low during the operation.

These cars draw a lot of power so in 45 minutes you can drop voltage pretty hard more than any 10 amp charger can deal with - I use a 70 amp charger and during a flash the charger will routinely be supplying 30+ amps of power to the car. The issue is that most people are not going to buy a 500 charger, so your other option is hook it up to another car that is running and put some booster cables on it and let that keep it fully powered during the flash.
I can understand that, the closer I get to the end voltage drops.. thanks I will give that a go today..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #4
relative4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90 MT stage 1+

Use a different Android device. That's usually the culprit in this situation.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #5
type-dRew
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive

I flash my car with 12.0-11.5 volts no charger all the time. You're looking at the wrong problems.
New setup; Covid 19Ts on RFP 93 + ARM inlets, dp, VTT cp and PSP outlets
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 08:47 PM   #6
Tadlad08
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-dRew View Post
I flash my car with 12.0-11.5 volts no charger all the time. You're looking at the wrong problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
Quote:
Well a guy name bmw brains or brain bmw remotely tries to fix my DME once again at 96% is failed. He confirm I need a new DME . Trust me I read countless threads of people having the same issue and finally able to go back to stock to fix the issue I'm not one of them. I'll need to buy a used DME and go from there. Thanks everyone for helping a noob like myself. Nice forum I'll definitely be more active as I learn ..
Appreciate 1
zild0.00
      10-20-2019, 12:43 PM   #7
clegg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92, 435i F32,X5 F15

I would try to completely disconnect the battery. Let it sit for 30 min or so. Make sure your new battery is fully charged while it is disconnected. Then reconnect and try again.

May not help, but it's worth a try. Make sure the drl's, headlights and climate controls are completely turned off.

I flashed my 07 with the same Fire tablet and a 10a charger hooked up. It took 18mins.
Appreciate 2
      10-20-2019, 01:17 PM   #8
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadlad08 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well a guy name bmw brains or brain bmw remotely tries to fix my DME once again at 96% is failed. He confirm I need a new DME . Trust me I read countless threads of people having the same issue and finally able to go back to stock to fix the issue I'm not one of them. I'll need to buy a used DME and go from there. Thanks everyone for helping a noob like myself. Nice forum I'll definitely be more active as I learn ..
Have you tried using Winfkp and flash
Flash back the stock OPA and ODA files?

If the devises are communicating with the DME, the processor is running and it has access to the Ram. It's very unluckily the DME is faulty.
Appreciate 2
      10-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #9
Tadlad08
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Have you tried using Winfkp and flash
Flash back the stock OPA and ODA files?

If the devises are communicating with the DME, the processor is running and it has access to the Ram. It's very unluckily the DME is faulty.
Yeah that's what we tried to do last night, Sending out my DME Cas and key fob , upgrade from msd80 to msd81 while its out. Not to sure about the benefits of the two DME but why not since I removed and sending out.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2019, 07:34 AM   #10
Tadlad08
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Good morning, got ecu was able to flash mhd .. now my issue is car will not crank. Battery is brand new fully charged.. I do hear a click under the hood I'm guessing it's the starter solenoid. Click doesn't sound like the starter really but it's on that side. Before when I was having issues flashing MHD and it failed. I still tried to start the car and it crank slowly then eventually never cranked again. Could it be the starter,

Fault Fault Fault Fault Fault
Fault
A0B5
Code: 00A0B4
Explanation: :Error engine start starter operation A0B4
Code: 00A0B0
Explanation: :SG input brake light / SG input brake light A0B0 Code: 00A0B5
Explanation: :Signal detection speed error / DFAHL cable break

I got a bunch of codes but I believe this could be my main issue.
MHD codes are
CD98
CD9C
CDA5

If you guys want to see all my error codes then I'll post them..

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 02:38 AM   #11
matamua
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 335i, FBO, m3 control

Quote:
Good morning, got ecu was able to flash mhd .. now my issue is car will not crank. Battery is brand new fully charged.. I do hear a click under the hood I'm guessing it's the starter solenoid. Click doesn't sound like the starter really but it's on that side. Before when I was having issues flashing MHD and it failed. I still tried to start the car and it crank slowly then eventually never cranked again. Could it be the starter,

Fault
A0B5

MHD codes are
CD98
CD9C
CDA5

[IMG][/IMG]
Did you get this sorted out?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #12
Tadlad08
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matamua View Post
Quote:

Fault
A0B5

MHD codes are
CD98
CD9C
CDA5

[IMG][/IMG]
Yes I did, it was the starter this whole damn time.. changed it in about 2 hours. Now my problem is every dash light is on, I'm thinking the abs module is toast. From a lot of research looks like it's that or maybe just the alternator over charging. I'll have to check it .. thanks for checking
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 10:49 AM   #13
matamua
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 335i, FBO, m3 control

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fault
A0B5

MHD codes are
CD98
CD9C
CDA5

[IMG][/IMG]
Yes I did, it was the starter this whole damn time.. changed it in about 2 hours. Now my problem is every dash light is on, I'm thinking the abs module is toast. From a lot of research looks like it's that or maybe just the alternator over charging. I'll have to check it .. thanks for checking
What codes are you getting now?
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2019, 12:06 PM   #14
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Maybe someone has already addressed this.....but when you are flashing MHD, you have to have your key in, and ignition turned on.....if not, you will get that "can not flash" error.
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #15
Tadlad08
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fault
A0B5

MHD codes are
CD98
CD9C
CDA5

[IMG][/IMG]
What codes are you getting now?
Codes are:
2F4E- DME vehicle speed signal
2F4F DME vehicle speed plausibility
CD98 message error (DSC torque request, 0xB6)
CD9C message (speed, 0x1A0) Faulty, recover DME, transmitter DSC
CDA5 message (status, DSC, 0x19E) faulty, receiver DME, transmitter EGS/ HIM/SMG/DKG
Appreciate 0