E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Switched cables when jumpstarting car

09-19-2019, 05:46 PM   #1
jamaicaLemons
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90 6mt

Switched cables when jumpstarting car

So about a week ago, I was jump starting my friends car and I switched the red and black cables when connecting to my battery. I know, I'm stupid. But it was late at night and whatever I can't do anything about it now. Anyways, my car (07 335i) immediately shut off and wouldn't turn back on. Fast forward to now. I bought a new power redistribution box for on top of my battery and I can drive the car and use most of the electronics but I'm still having some problems. My abs light is on, my car thinks I'm out of gas (I should have half a tank unless it magically disappeared), my car thinks the ebrake is on all the time, I can't unlock/lock my car with the key fob but it works on the ignition, my windshield wipers don't work, and I have a check engine light but mhd can't connect to the dme.
If anyone knows of any possible solutions, that would be appreciated thanks. Also I checked the fuses everything looks fine. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place I'm new here.
Appreciate 0