E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > N52 330i

10-05-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
Sawced_335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335 xDrive

N52 330i

I have an N52 BMW e90 330i rwd Manual 165xxx Miles. To start off I had an exhaust leak that happened 2 days before this all went to shit. I was driving and pulled over and turned the car off for about 10 minutes and before turning the car off it was fine. Turn it on and it’s idling crazy feels like it is choking, the whole car shaking and there was a knocking type noise from the engine and the car choked and turned off. Tried again, turned on the same and slowly Began to drive and I get the check engine light. I slowly drove it home as it was a suspected misfire, went and got it checked and it was showing “misfire cylinder 1” and “random/multiple cylinder misfire”. Replaced all spark plugs and coils and torqued the plugs to spec. Turn the car on and it’s still knocking. Put oil, and coolant suspecting it could be low. Still knocking and when I ran another check, now cylinder 6 misfire with same multiple/random cylinder misfire. I swapped the coils and spark plugs from different cylinders separately and cleared codes but now still cylinder 6 misfire. I cleaned the maf, cleaned and switched both vanos solenoids with each other. Still idling really rough, feels like it’s choking and strong gas smell from the exhaust and still has a loud ticking/knocking noise. Could be he motor is done but I feel like it’s something different as I was literally driving the car minutes before all this and turning it on. Any help?
Appreciate 0