E90Post

UroTuning

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > President Trump. [ Hits and Misses Scorecard Thread ]

Today, 04:10 PM   #7943
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
The video ABC used was from Knob Creek night shoot 2017. Knob Creek Gun Range is famous for having large-scale machine gun shoots.

Doesn't get more fake news than that. Unbelievably pathetic.
They got snookered by someone. Took the video down as soon as they realized it. It happens a lot. Howard Stern fans have made it a sport.

In general though I agree that news has become extremely biased. I haven't regularly watched any news program in many years. Fox "News" may not have invented the tactic but they certainly perfected it, and now other news orgs feel the need to respond in kind. And with "news" shows being the major money makers they've become, I'm not sure much can be done.

CNN in particular seems to be just sad. But then they were the first. Maybe they're showing us the future of other all-news channels.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent11689.50

Today, 04:22 PM   #7944
hubbahubba
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I've reached the point where I don't watch any TV news. None. I read a few right leaning news websites as well as some libertarian ones, such as 'Reason'. I know they are biased, so I try and view them with tainted glasses. If I see a story that gets to me, I always try and review it in several other news source locations before determining that the opinions are accurate.

I agree 100% with your comments about the opinion segments. The problem is twofold:

1) Many people watch the opinion shows and then take it as factual news.

2) The bias of a particular news organization bleeds into the actual news and creates a false narrative. This is the bigger problem. FOX tends to promote a particular viewpoint and will likely avoid stories counter to it or will minimize their relevance. Others, such as CNN, do the same in the opposite direction - as seen in the link I provided, where you have the head of the network stating he wants the news that comes out of the newsroom to sway public opinion in a particular direction. That is disgusting.

I don't have a solution to the problem - I wish I did.
Totally with you on not watching tv news. Doesn't really matter which "side" you listen to, you only get half truths anyway. I have a solution that works for me, maybe it will for you, too. When I hear something that I think is a bit odd and my radar for stink goes off, I search the interwebs for the actual video or text. Hard to beat the horses mouth, and pretty much everything that matters has a camera pointed at it these days.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent11689.50

Today, 04:24 PM   #7945
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Totally with you on not watching tv news. Doesn't really matter which "side" you listen to, you only get half truths anyway. I have a solution that works for me, maybe it will for you, too. When I hear something that I think is a bit odd and my radar for stink goes off, I search the interwebs for the actual video or text. Hard to beat the horses mouth, and pretty much everything that matters has a camera pointed at it these days.
Yup - I agree - I usually just google the instance in question and can come up with the original local news story. That typically has non-biased reporting and also usually a video as well.

Similar method and similar result.
      Today, 04:25 PM   #7946
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I just come here
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:26 PM   #7947
hubbahubba
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Yup - I agree - I usually just google the instance in question and can come up with the original local news story. That typically has non-biased reporting and also usually a video as well.

Similar method and similar result.
Exactly.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent11689.50

Today, 05:18 PM   #7948
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
They got snookered by someone. Took the video down as soon as they realized it. It happens a lot. Howard Stern fans have made it a sport.

In general though I agree that news has become extremely biased. I haven't regularly watched any news program in many years. Fox "News" may not have invented the tactic but they certainly perfected it, and now other news orgs feel the need to respond in kind. And with "news" shows being the major money makers they've become, I'm not sure much can be done.

CNN in particular seems to be just sad. But then they were the first. Maybe they're showing us the future of other all-news channels.
I expect the American Broadcasting Company to be more diligent than The Howard Stern Show, especially with an evening news broadcast of a supposed shelling with 'Slaughter in Syria' blared out. Piss poor due diligence.

Slaughter of gas cans at a gun range, from two years ago, here in the states...we apologize.

* Someone in editing doctored-down the video quality and zoomed before copying the edit and sending it to the producer.

Last edited by gonzo; Today at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0