E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > How to default code my E93?

09-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

How to default code my E93?

I have been learning about coding for about a year now and have been able to code a few cool things on two of my E93 cars. I think I messed something up because I lost comfort access. All I want to do is code my car back to factory default in my modules. Or at least the ones that matter for comfort access.

For background my car came with one key and it did have comfort access. I did some of my own coding and stupidly changed some things I wasn't even sure about. Then I had a local Guru of BMW keys make me a second key. I lost comfort access totally and he has even replaced the key he made and made sure the two keys I have are on slots 1 and 2. He wanted me to default code my car before replacing the second key he made for me but I couldn't make it work. this guy really knows his stuff so I don't think it's anything he did. I am attaching a picture of the profiles I have in NCS expert. This is my third install of the software because I had problems with German language and 32 vs 64 bit, Etc. if someone could tell me which profile to use and what to do to get me back to stock so my comfort access works again. Then I'll slowly add back one careful feature at a time.[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 07:37 AM   #2
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Default coding is exactly the same as coding changes to the car, the only difference is you just make sure the .MAN file is completely empty and then when you code the module and it finds the file empty it will just code the default settings based on your VO.
Appreciate 1
JonEQuest245.00
      09-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #3
FaxData
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 330e (F30)

Load a profile in NCS Expert with manipulation turned off, then follow these steps.
Appreciate 1
JonEQuest245.00
      09-30-2019, 08:16 PM   #4
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaxData View Post
Load a profile in NCS Expert with manipulation turned off, then follow these steps.
One other question. I upgraded to a CIC system and have a emulator box to allow the navigation to work. Changing my date to 03/11 didn't work for navigation. Will the emulator I installed or the 03/11 date cause any issues? The main reason I am doing this is because my comfort access is gone.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
FaxData
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEQuest View Post
One other question. I upgraded to a CIC system and have a emulator box to allow the navigation to work. Changing my date to 03/11 didn't work for navigation. Will the emulator I installed or the 03/11 date cause any issues? The main reason I am doing this is because my comfort access is gone.
The emulator should not cause issues (although that doesn't mean it can't). It's job is to disrupt communications between the CIC and the CAS so the CIC cannot do a VIN verification for the stored security certificate (FSC) in the CIC. Changing the date would not overcome the VIN mismatch, btw, so is not a method to activate navigation in a CIC unit that came from another car. Nor is simply changing the VIN in the CIC unit, because then there would be a mismatch between the CIC and the FSC.

You might as well default code CAS first, and if that doesn't work then you can try taking the emulator out.

The 0311 build date will not cause issues with comfort access; at least it did not do so for me. I did not default code CAS after updating my build date though.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2019, 05:36 PM   #6
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The emulator should not cause issues (although that doesn't mean it can't). It's job is to disrupt communications between the CIC and the CAS so the CIC cannot do a VIN verification for the stored security certificate (FSC) in the CIC. Changing the date would not overcome the VIN mismatch, btw, so is not a method to activate navigation in a CIC unit that came from another car. Nor is simply changing the VIN in the CIC unit, because then there would be a mismatch between the CIC and the FSC.

You might as well default code CAS first, and if that doesn't work then you can try taking the emulator out.

The 0311 build date will not cause issues with comfort access; at least it did not do so for me. I did not default code CAS after updating my build date though.
OK, thanks, I see how that works now. I plan to update my CIC eventually so I don't need an emulator.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 11:28 PM   #7
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:

OK, thanks, I see how that works now. I plan to update my CIC eventually so I don't need an emulator.
Make sure to flash CIC with icom, it'll fail if done with kdcan
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #8
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I only have the OBD2 DCAN cable. Where can I get a DCom cable from? I have not looked into what software, etc for the CIC yet. That is why I just bought an emulator to get it working quickly.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 02:50 PM   #9
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I only have the OBD2 DCAN cable. Where can I get a DCom cable from? I have not looked into what software, etc for the CIC yet. That is why I just bought an emulator to get it working quickly.
You might not need to update it. What version of CIC do you have? Read it with ncs expert and if you see CIC.C1A then you don't need to update. You just need to use a patcher to generate fsc to get navigation working. Or you can use emulator, whichever works
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 03:58 PM   #10
FaxData
Private First Class
Rep

Even without using the patcher, you don’t need an emulator. Script activation using the script by intel123 is very easy.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #11
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep

I think mine is version CIC.C08. It came from a 2009 E90
Appreciate 0