E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My e91 330i

07-22-2018, 04:58 AM   #67
Adam1990
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
Looking good.

The reverse rake isn’t for me though, but I bet it handles better!
Thanks James,

The pictures make the rake look reversed but isn't in person thankfully. The front end isn't as low as it could be due to it being the 3.0i and having the same springs as the heavier 3.0d.

But handling is massively improved over the stock worn m sport set up, no more backend sinking in when giving it some beans.

I've still yet to fit your old m3 steering wheel cover, but have plans for the rest of the steering wheel yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #68
R99
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post
Thanks James,

The pictures make the rake look reversed but isn't in person thankfully. The front end isn't as low as it could be due to it being the 3.0i and having the same springs as the heavier 3.0d.

But handling is massively improved over the stock worn m sport set up, no more backend sinking in when giving it some beans.

I've still yet to fit your old m3 steering wheel cover, but have plans for the rest of the steering wheel yet.
I forgot about the trim! Are you getting the wheel re-trimmed first?

Yeh, no doubt it will be loads better on the handling front - a rare beast indeed is the LCI 330i and I still love the spec on this one...

Just needs a big brake set up next to complete the handling upgrades!!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 10:45 AM   #69
Adam1990
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks James,

I forgot about the trim! Are you getting the wheel re-trimmed first?

Yeh, no doubt it will be loads better on the handling front - a rare beast indeed is the LCI 330i and I still love the spec on this one...

Just needs a big brake set up next to complete the handling upgrades!!
Yeah I'm looking for a rough/cheap steering wheel on eBay to send off to be re-trimmed before fitting the cover.

I would love a set of the e90 performance callipers .... they would have come in handy for the autobahn yesterday. The brakes are good on this as standard, but the extra braking power would never go a miss. They also look the part as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #70
R99
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring

Quote:
Yeah I'm looking for a rough/cheap steering wheel on eBay to send off to be re-trimmed before fitting the cover.

I would love a set of the e90 performance callipers .... they would have come in handy for the autobahn yesterday. The brakes are good on this as standard, but the extra braking power would never go a miss. They also look the part as well.
Get a set of F30 4 pots on there, that’s what I had on my E91

340mm or 370mm depending on wheel choice!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 04:42 PM   #71
Not a Diesel!!!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Megane Cup-S

Quote:

I considered a few options on brakes. Simplest is the 335i/d set up. BMW Performance not recommended as disc size is virtually identical to std 330i set up. May be couple of mm smaller. Callipers are nicer looking with more pots but bigger Disc Size is best starting point. F series brakes look nice but you may need bigger wheels. (mmm.... I know where there is a set)

What did you get out of it on the autobahn?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 05:27 AM   #72
Adam1990
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Diesel!!! View Post
Quote:

I considered a few options on brakes. Simplest is the 335i/d set up. BMW Performance not recommended as disc size is virtually identical to std 330i set up. May be couple of mm smaller. Callipers are nicer looking with more pots but bigger Disc Size is best starting point. F series brakes look nice but you may need bigger wheels. (mmm.... I know where there is a set)

What did you get out of it on the autobahn?
Quote:
Quote:

Get a set of F30 4 pots on there, that's what I had on my E91

340mm or 370mm depending on wheel choice!
O really? I didn't know that? That's a shame because they would look good on the e91.

I didn't go mad to be honest as it was busy, but we were cruising between 80-100 happily.. but I didn't give it a good blast to over take a van and did hit just over 130mph.

All things considered she done well and was getting 400 miles out of a tank of petrol.
Appreciate 0