E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > 3Stage Intake Manifold conversion in HK

08-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #1
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i M-Sport

3Stage Intake Manifold conversion in HK

Hey guys!

Question, has anyone in HK done this mod before? I dont seem to be able to find ANYONE that has mentioned it in our asia. I know this has been talked to death in the US and UK, but seems nothing here?

I went by a BMW tuning garage last week and asked them about this and they seemed to be totally clueless to this mod?

Anyhow, my 323i pre-LCI seems to come standard with a 2stage, and will be replacing that with the 3stage very soon, just waiting delivery. So now this warrants for a "proper" ECU tune up, not just using the BMS...
So, apart from the AA tune, what options do I have?

I found that a company called R-Tuned in HK are distributors of AA (Found on their website), but no contact number or address on their website, anyone dealt with them before?

Any info and advice greatly appreciated.

Pat

Sapphire Black /Coral Red E90 323i M-Sport | My car is standard...honest!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i LCI

Garage List
Hi Pat, a few of us have thought about doing the conversion (myself included) but there weren't any concrete numbers to warrant it. Those who have done it in the states have claimed to have substantial increases but no dyno sheets yet.
Just out of curiosity, how are you getting your parts and how much is the whole thing? I'd be interested to know how it feels after the mod too.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 04:19 AM   #3
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Yup, I havent seen any figures either, mainly the dyno sheets and figures that are shown are for the US spec 325 and 328, which are both 3.0L engines. Don't think I have seen single 2.5L N52 dyno sheet/figures, makes me think if its not compatible at all....

Got the parts from UK, but not sure how much its going to cost in total yet, as I am not sure if I need to buy a new vent hose and the gasket set yet, just waiting for arrival and I will call BMW service dept for what I am missing. I should be receiving it on 8th Sept if my cousin can bring it back for me on their trip, otherwise getting it sent over which will be before 8th, and guarantee it will go on the same night I receive it!

I am now seeing what ECU tuning options I have for this too, I know it will still run ok without ECU tuning, but to get the best out of it, is a must.

Maybe I should do a before and after dyno run, anyone know where I can go that wont cost a fortune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soikiu View Post
Hi Pat, a few of us have thought about doing the conversion (myself included) but there weren't any concrete numbers to warrant it. Those who have done it in the states have claimed to have substantial increases but no dyno sheets yet.
Just out of curiosity, how are you getting your parts and how much is the whole thing? I'd be interested to know how it feels after the mod too.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
dmyleung526
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 323i

I had tune for ECU for my car with dyno chart, but how can I post here?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #5
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Attach image.

Do you have 3 Stage Intake conversion on your 323 too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyleung526 View Post
I had tune for ECU for my car with dyno chart, but how can I post here?

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

3IM being installed Thursday, waiting for the AA tuned file back, damn I am so excited to see the outcome!

Anyone know a good dyno garage that I can go to to get a dyno printout after everything is done?

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

3IM and AA tune installed, my god do you 323 boys need this combo!

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 04:32 AM   #8
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i LCI

Garage List
Good to know someone has successfully done it. It would be great if you could get some dyno numbers in.
Unfortunately, not easy to replicate since parts aren't easy to come by...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #9
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soikiu View Post
Good to know someone has successfully done it. It would be great if you could get some dyno numbers in.
Unfortunately, not easy to replicate since parts aren't easy to come by...
I am letting the AA tune run in to learn and adapt at the moment, supposed to get better and better over the next few days as I have read on the forum, its only been installed for 2 days with only 60km since.

But I am defo interested to get it on the dyno and see what numbers it is pushing out now. Anyone know where I can get this done? And roughly how much?

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #10
NuBeetle
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 323iA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc3spat View Post
I am letting the AA tune run in to learn and adapt at the moment, supposed to get better and better over the next few days as I have read on the forum, its only been installed for 2 days with only 60km since.

But I am defo interested to get it on the dyno and see what numbers it is pushing out now. Anyone know where I can get this done? And roughly how much?
Glad to know one of our THREE-2-THREE bro successfully made this upgrade happened!
Top Racing in Kowloon Bay seems provide dyno service. Try give them a call and ask for more details.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #11
fc3spat
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBeetle View Post
Glad to know one of our THREE-2-THREE bro successfully made this upgrade happened!
Top Racing in Kowloon Bay seems provide dyno service. Try give them a call and ask for more details.
Had to be done, the flat spot is nearly non existent now, and you can feel the car pulls a lot harder but smoothly.

I will be sure to give Top Racing a call to see if they can help, BTW, what's the dyno called in Chinese?
Appreciate 0