E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Audio Table of Contents: Upgrading? Start HERE!

05-03-2017, 12:32 PM   #265
RunFlatOut
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 330d coupe

First word that spring to here is grounding. I'm noob in that I have yet to decide on a final scheme. Good time to goodle MiniDSP.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #266
RunFlatOut
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 330d coupe

There's a pretty solid thing to be done with augmenting the overall width of wire from the main battery, but again that's one for Groodle.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 12:50 AM   #267
jedi-knight83
Private
Rep
Drives: Boxster S, 330d

Fantastic post. Just buying a 330d tomorrow so this will come in handy.

Can you get those custom made adapter harnesses in the uk?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 12:27 PM   #268
zibercat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Barriquerot Metallic

Mid-bass or bass replacement speakers

Hi there, interesting post, thank you for all the information. This morning while commuting to work the speaker under the passenger began rattling. I wasn't thinking in upgrading my speakers but know I need to, starting with the ones under the seat. I want something better than factory but not top of the line. Also something more like PlugNPlay. My radio codes are 645, 663 (professional) and 676 (Hi-Fi). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

Last edited by zibercat; 06-23-2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Duplicated info.....
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #269
smacame
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i

I got Technic's harness for the stock Hi-Fi stuff and it made the install of a new amplifier a breeze. This thread was extremely informative, thanks for the community knowledge!

FWIW I didn't think to Google around for Technic's online shop, if anyone else is stupid like me it's here: https://technicpnp.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 02:10 PM   #270
Keith_H1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328i

Base under seat sub question

For starters, I have already looked at the majority of these three ads for this answer, and can't find it. I learned today that I do not have a simple bold in undersea sub woofer for my E 91 with the base audio system. The damn thing is glued into the enclosure. From the pictures I've seen from some of the installs on here, I can see where they have been separated and can see the residual glue on the stock sub woofer, but my question is, how do you separate the two without ruining the enclosure? I swear I have looked all over for this answer before asking the question, but I can't find it. As of this moment I am trying to figure it out on my own, but hopefully someone will be able to offer a little bit of advice on this. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #271
rusty_sojah
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335is

How can I get in touch with Technic to order a Plug PnP harness and custom Navone LOC with remote out to 6-pin connector? Seems you can no longer PM that individual and they haven't logged on in almost 3 months. Anyone been able to call them or email them or know of an alternative way of getting a hold of these parts like through a company/website?

I have an e93 with Harman Kardon and looking to do what this individual did here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581166

thanks.
      06-07-2018, 02:33 AM   #272
ctuna
Major General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

He has his own website now

https://technicpnp.com/
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 08:59 AM   #273
Rain
Enlisted Member
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i '07

Hey guys,

I just wanted to confirm something.

My car is E92 12.2006 Europe version with standard music (no tweeters) and CC professional navigation.

I just upgraded my speakers with Match ones -> front doors https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...s/ms-42c-bmw.1 (added twitters as well + crossovers)
Rear doors -> https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...rs/ms-4x-bmw.1
Subwoofers (actually still waiting on them but should be on the car soon) -> https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...kers/mw-8bmw-d
And their amplifier for that setup -> https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...lifiers/m-5dsp

Sound is already improved but from what I get as a info for the car audio shop (and from the forum here) its not the best and get a lot of distortion on higher sound levels due to the head unit. I guess I need to re-code it to HiFi in order to fix this.

So my question is will this affect my rear speakers? What about the sound of my park distance sensors?

And is this all I need to re-code it:

Quote:
Plug in cable to OBD port and selected usb port
Run NCSexpert
Click "file" and select "load profile" and select "expertmode"
Click "VIN/ZCS/FA
Click "ZCS/FA f. ECU
Select chassis type "e89"
On choose ECU select "CAS"
After your vin is shown select "enter FA"
Select chassis type "e89"
Ensure VIN shown is correct and select "OK"
Enter $676 and then select "add"
Then scroll down and select "£676" and select "OK" (this step is to ensure the vehicle option (VO) has correctly been applied.)
Then select "Back button"
Then select "F4 Process ECU"
Then select from drop down list "CAS"
Then select "F2 Change Job"
Then select "FA_WRITE" and click "OK"
Ensure CAS is shown on "Get Coded" and FA_WRITE shown on "JOB NAME"
Select "F3 Execute Job"

The procedure need to be apply on both CAS and FRM modules !

Once done, don't forget to "SG_CODIEREN" on the modules
CHOST
CAPPL
CGATE
CAUDI
CTUNE

You need to wait yhe car to go into sleep mode before settings to take effect.
I also recently upgraded my mulf module to mulf 2 high in order to have USB stick support. This will be unaffected, right?

Sorry for bringing old topic but did not manage to find full step by step guide

UPDATE:
I actually went impatient and we did the coding with a friend of mine. Its working on hi-fi now (at least as far as my ears and speakers can say - not sure if visually we can check that other than reading it with ncsexpert???).

What I may suggest to the guys who are about to do that is to make backups! If you just add £676 to the VO it will mess other options as well which you probably will want to revert back (e.g. it totally disabled my bluetooth phone).

The rear parktronic sensors sounds not that bad (quieter than the front ones but I can live with that).

The main issue now (I have added Mulf 2 High a week ago like I said previously but even before that my car originally had bluetooth phone) is my volume during calls is quiet and I can increase it up to some point which for me is not loud enough especially if you drive on a highway.

What coding can we do in order to increase the volume during calls and eventually on the rear parktronic sensors? Thanks in advance and for the previous info as well

Last edited by Rain; 06-28-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Appreciate 0