E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Headlight question

03-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
iamjosh44
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Headlight question

hi i have a 2007 e90 328i without angel eyes. i want to know how to put xenon bulbs into it and how much it will cost. my body shop near me is asking for 300$. that just doesnt seem right. can someone tell me if im getting ripped off and what the price really should be for the bulbs and for them to be installed
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

I just changed mine to Xenon bulbs (Bimmian Xenesis Tru-Match Xenon White Bulb Set). $30 for the set at JLevisW. Search the DIY guide for instructions on how to do it. Its not hard but it helps if you have small hands.
      03-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep

Take a Look.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=diy+h7
      03-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Your headlights are sealed from the factory so you cannot add angel eyes to them. However, you can go with a full headlight replacement like the Projector90s. These are projector based headlights with preinstalled angel eyes and HIDs that are a complete kit with everything you need.

They come from the factory with halogen Angel Eye rings, we offer the LED bulb upgrade as an option. We also offer HID low beams (4300, 6000, or 8000 Kelvin Color Temps) and error canceller units to get rid of any errors that the HIDs may cause (not required for all vehicles, but I recommend purchasing them just in case you need them, you can always return them if you don't).

Note that all NA Spec vehicles will require the purchase of the Euro-Spec turn signal bulb socket/holders as the OEM NA Spec ones will not fit these Euro Spec headlamps.

Here’s some installed pics courtesy of our customers.

Pic of the LED AE option

We also now offer them in an LCI style with LED turn signals on the side.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjosh44 View Post
hi i have a 2007 e90 328i without angel eyes. i want to know how to put xenon bulbs into it and how much it will cost. my body shop near me is asking for 300$. that just doesnt seem right. can someone tell me if im getting ripped off and what the price really should be for the bulbs and for them to be installed
You cannot put xenons into halogen headlight housings. Its illegal. You need to get a new set of headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
I just changed mine to Xenon bulbs (Bimmian Xenesis Tru-Match Xenon White Bulb Set). $30 for the set at JLevisW. Search the DIY guide for instructions on how to do it. Its not hard but it helps if you have small hands.
Those are halogen bulbs, not xenons.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
lace nikks
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
You cannot put xenons into halogen headlight housings. Its illegal. You need to get a new set of headlights.

How legit is JleviSW cause im thinking bout ordering a pair of e90 headlight housing. My old ones have too much condensation in them from HID install
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lace nikks View Post
How legit is JleviSW cause im thinking bout ordering a pair of e90 headlight housing. My old ones have too much condensation in them from HID install
Well we've been around for 7 years, but I don't know if that makes us legit
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Quote:
I hear good things about them. Haven't ordered anything personally.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post

Sorry, you are right. I meant a bulb that mimic Xenon.
      03-28-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey Lace, JleviW is legit. I got my Depo LED blacklines from them. In fact, I met Brian last week when I drove to their shop. I had a great positive experience.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505970