E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Hoper's e92



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-13-2018, 02:47 AM   #221
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Put most of the interior back in today, bit of a marathon session with cleaning each piece before it went back in and refitting quite a few pieces more than once to make if fit properly

also fitted new front blinkers that I like more than the originals

will hopefully finish the interior off this week, away next weekend so still a couple of weeks until its all done
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 04:06 AM   #222
Socket
Lieutenant General
Socket's Avatar
Australia
2578
Rep
10,158
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
Put most of the interior back in today, bit of a marathon session with cleaning each piece before it went back in and refitting quite a few pieces more than once to make if fit properly

also fitted new front blinkers that I like more than the originals

will hopefully finish the interior off this week, away next weekend so still a couple of weeks until its all done
coming together slowly mate
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 04:13 AM   #223
satz
Captain
Australia
40
Rep
687
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i sedan
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canberra

iTrader: (0)

Hi Hoper
how's life and how's the restoration going? Are you planning to renovate the leather upholstery?

I was reading about this product ages ago that's supposed to be good:
https://leathermagic.com/

I haven't tried it though

cheers

Satz
__________________
SOLD: 2009 335i E90 LCI, Bluewater metallic, 19" M313 wheels, Goodyear Eagle F1 A3s, STX Coilovers, xHP stage 2, Climate Comfort windscreen

ORDERED: BMW X2 Msport, petrol FWD, Mineral Grey, Black Dakota leather. No mods planned....yet!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 05:53 AM   #224
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz View Post
Hi Hoper
how's life and how's the restoration going? Are you planning to renovate the leather upholstery?

I was reading about this product ages ago that's supposed to be good:
https://leathermagic.com/

I haven't tried it though

cheers

Satz
Hi Satz, thanks I have been using some leather cleaner and some leather restorer on it so all good

Nearly finished, should have the old girl up for sale in a couple of weeks

Hopefully add some more pics this weekend
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #225
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Bling for the e92, a bit of work to do while it's apart, looking forward to a clutch that grips again
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 06:54 AM   #226
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Oh and latest pics of the E36, still a couple of tidy up to do, but it's almost done
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 05:29 AM   #227
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Started the teardown for the clutch and a host of maintenance work today, car will be off the road for a few weeks

Pic of car on stands, underbody covers, exhaust and tailshaft all out, plus front and rear braces and some other ancillaries
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
Socket2577.50
DR-JEKL638.50

      10-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #228
Socket
Lieutenant General
Socket's Avatar
Australia
2578
Rep
10,158
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Im guessin it wont be ready for next weeks Alpine cruise??
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #229
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Im guessin it wont be ready for next weeks Alpine cruise??
LOL, nope Socks, won't be there, it's also 1st 2 rounds of golf club, club championships next weekend, so playing in that as well and taking. Daughter to BBall

I'll make one of these cruises when it lines up with a quieter time for me

How's the manual going?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 03:51 AM   #230
Socket
Lieutenant General
Socket's Avatar
Australia
2578
Rep
10,158
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
LOL, nope Socks, won't be there, it's also 1st 2 rounds of golf club, club championships next weekend, so playing in that as well and taking. Daughter to BBall

I'll make one of these cruises when it lines up with a quieter time for me

How's the manual going?
Shame but understand golf must come first lol
Manual is going great mate, am use to touchy clutch bite and am flying around traffic with ease lol
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 06:18 AM   #231
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Got the gearbox out now

List of changes seems to be getting longer, now includes walnut blasting since I've just built a blasting kit...thanks VTL for the list of ingredients
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 06:24 AM   #232
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

List of changes including maintenance
- New clutch, pressure plate and flywheel
- New tailshaft coupler
- New tailshaft centre Bearing
- Midpipe for exhaust
- MSport springs back in
- New HPFP
- New Water Pump and Thermostat
- Walnut blast and all new seals
- Oil change
- All new gearshift bushings and rubbers
- New gearbox mounts
- Upgraded engine mounts
- Oil change
- Gearbox oil change

I think that's it, might have missed one or two
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 04:46 PM   #233
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
List of changes including maintenance
- New clutch, pressure plate and flywheel
- New tailshaft coupler
- New tailshaft centre Bearing
- Midpipe for exhaust
- MSport springs back in
- New HPFP
- New Water Pump and Thermostat
- Walnut blast and all new seals
- Oil change
- All new gearshift bushings and rubbers
- New gearbox mounts
- Upgraded engine mounts
- Oil change
- Gearbox oil change

I think that's it, might have missed one or two
Forgot
Fit M3 steering wheel
Sump gasket
Rocker cover gasket
Angel eyes
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #234
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Flywheel locking tool made by a good friend of mine for me
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 02:56 AM   #235
Socket
Lieutenant General
Socket's Avatar
Australia
2578
Rep
10,158
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
All done mate??
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #236
Hoper
Lieutenant
Hoper's Avatar
Australia
91
Rep
448
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
All done mate??
It's well and truly in bits, dropped the subframe on the weekend and fitted the new engine mounts, will drop it again to replace the sump gasket, didn't want to leave it down because I need to support it to protect the brake lines and power steering lines, I had it supported on trolley jacks, but I'm in Melbourne from Wed Arvo to Sunday Arvo and the jacks would bleed down over that period of time

At least I've started putting things back together, I'll take some pics and do a bit of a write up

Flywheel locking tool worked great though
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 05:51 AM   #237
Socket
Lieutenant General
Socket's Avatar
Australia
2578
Rep
10,158
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
It's well and truly in bits, dropped the subframe on the weekend and fitted the new engine mounts, will drop it again to replace the sump gasket, didn't want to leave it down because I need to support it to protect the brake lines and power steering lines, I had it supported on trolley jacks, but I'm in Melbourne from Wed Arvo to Sunday Arvo and the jacks would bleed down over that period of time

At least I've started putting things back together, I'll take some pics and do a bit of a write up

Flywheel locking tool worked great though
Ok so thats a no then
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST