E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Help needed - Body issues 2012 335is.

04-09-2020, 09:19 PM   #1
blueballzusmc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335is convertible

Help needed - Body issues 2012 335is.

Okay - I just moved from NY 1.5 years ago and just go around to trying to get some work done on my 335is (2012 E93 - Mineral white).

I recently just had 3 injectors changed.
2 Ign Coils and plugs replaced
Rear brakes and rotors.
Cracked oil pan replaced
PDC sensors finally fixed after 4 yrs.
(above from Independent BMW shop- $3815 total.

I tried to buy Dual COne filters on Offerup - paid the guy on Vemno - and he deleted his account and I got stiffed.

I had ordered a GT style aftermarket hood, M3 style fenders, new fogs and asked the shop to buy whatever else was needed to make it look good.
I paid $2500 (after buying the fenders and hood myself) and everything is jacked up.

The hood closed warning alarm is lit up, the fender liners he bought are fake plastic BS. and there is a HUGE gap between my front bumper and the fenders. ...
Then of course - he sold the shop and its a different business now.

One of my BRAND NEW HEADLIGHTS rings isnt lighting up ...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

I'ma 1st responder and a USMC combat vet - I am not rich and I'm getting to the point where instead of keeping this going I may just donate the fucking car for a TAX right off.

I'd rather keep it - but I keep getting screwed and honestly, i'm fairly broke for now. Wife wants to kill me.

Can anyone help or offer advice?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
blueballzusmc
United_States
Rep

THANKS!!!! ... sigh
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #3
N57
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 325D M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 325D  [0.00]
Photos would help of the gaps, fenders, bonnet etc. If you bought the headlight brand new, OEM from bmw, then I am guessing the part is under warranty and a replacement would be justified, even if the part is aftermarket. Idk what the consumer rights law is over there but if you purchased it recently, you should get a refund or a new unit.

In regards to the body work, did you not look at the car and point out the faults before payment? Nevertheless, the only thing I'd suggest is to adjust the fender gap to get it as small as possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 05:00 PM   #4
DerekGates
AW E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is

Fender liners are plastic on our cars, yes

Halo not lighting up is normally the LED module on the bottom of the light (not part of the actual light). 1305715084 seen https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=63_1208 I had to replace this as well as the body shop did not receive this module when ordering a new light from BMW

Unsure about the gaps. Some of these things can be adjusted but you can't expect non OEM parts to fit as well as OEM; there is a reason there is a price difference.

Hood latch you can inspect yourself and ensure that the latch is catching and the sensor is plugged in.

You are getting disgruntled with a forum and being vague about what you are asking about...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 05:54 PM   #5
blueballzusmc
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekGates View Post
Fender liners are plastic on our cars, yes

Halo not lighting up is normally the LED module on the bottom of the light (not part of the actual light). 1305715084 seen https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=63_1208 I had to replace this as well as the body shop did not receive this module when ordering a new light from BMW

Unsure about the gaps. Some of these things can be adjusted but you can't expect non OEM parts to fit as well as OEM; there is a reason there is a price difference.

Hood latch you can inspect yourself and ensure that the latch is catching and the sensor is plugged in.

You are getting disgruntled with a forum and being vague about what you are asking about...
#1 - thanks for the reply...
#2 - thanks for the info about the halos... I can't wait to fix it... hopefully it works.
#3 - turns out, it wasn't the latch, it's a sensor located further back, but because the hood is different, it wasn't reading the hood was closed... moved it up a bit, and perfect... thanks to another thread on this forum.
#4 - sorry for the frustration... you're right I should've been more chill... but thanks for your help stay safe!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 11:36 AM   #6
DerekGates
AW E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueballzusmc View Post
#1 - thanks for the reply...
#2 - thanks for the info about the halos... I can't wait to fix it... hopefully it works.
#3 - turns out, it wasn't the latch, it's a sensor located further back, but because the hood is different, it wasn't reading the hood was closed... moved it up a bit, and perfect... thanks to another thread on this forum.
#4 - sorry for the frustration... you're right I should've been more chill... but thanks for your help stay safe!
The LED module on the bottom of the light is a bear to get to... Fender liner must be removed and the front bumper must be peeled away from the car... It took me a few hours.

I purchased my LED module on Ebay for a fraction of the cost that BMW wants... It is mounted on the bottom of the headlight assembly. There are two for each headlight assembly.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0