E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stock E93 - Flat Spot

08-04-2020, 03:10 AM   #23
snaeem155
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
It's definitely odd that you're experiencing no boost til 3k and the car doesnt throw codes. Have you floored it past 3.5-4k? typically if you're not building boost, that's the point where the car will throw a 30FF and go into limp mode
Yeah I've gone through the whole rev range in 1st and 2nd, no codes at all.

I've been using MHD (free need to get the monitor module) and BTool to get fault codes.

I do have INPA, I will try to pull codes with that when I get the car back from BMW.

I live in Essex, UK which has typical English weather so I don't think it is due to that.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:49 AM   #24
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaeem155 View Post
Yeah I've gone through the whole rev range in 1st and 2nd, no codes at all.

I've been using MHD (free need to get the monitor module) and BTool to get fault codes.

I do have INPA, I will try to pull codes with that when I get the car back from BMW.

I live in Essex, UK which has typical English weather so I don't think it is due to that.
Have you done a log from 1st through to 3rd, wot?

Not sure about Btool, INPA should pull any shadow codes,

Speak to the customer service department and lodge a complaint with BMW and escalate it, tell them you are experiencing a lot of turbo lag below 3k and they are claiming its normal when BMW itself has said turbo lag is supposed to be minimal and max torque supposed to from as low as 1400rpm.

If you get codes it will be better but you could have no boost leak but problem with wastegates causing lack of boost low down, which might not trigger a fault code.

Mine didn't initially but eventually got limp mode before fixing it.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:55 AM   #25
snaeem155
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif2018 View Post
Have you done a log from 1st through to 3rd, wot?

Not sure about Btool, INPA should pull any shadow codes,

Speak to the customer service department and lodge a complaint with BMW and escalate it, tell them you are experiencing a lot of turbo lag below 3k and they are claiming its normal when BMW itself has said turbo lag is supposed to be minimal and max torque supposed to from as low as 1400rpm.

If you get codes it will be better but you could have no boost leak but problem with wastegates causing lack of boost low down, which might not trigger a fault code.

Mine didn't initially but eventually got limp mode before fixing it.
Mate, I've lodged 5 complaints with them nothing ever gets done.

Case in point I had the AC compressor changed in October 2019, got the car back with a horrible squeal on cold start. Its now July 2020 and they still haven't managed to fix it. 5 complaints, its gone in 5 times (and is there right now) and they can't fix it.

It's put me off from future BMW ownership to be honest.

I'll get some logs up when I get it back and if anyone could give their 2 cents it would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 08:27 AM   #26
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Mate, I've lodged 5 complaints with them nothing ever gets done.

Case in point I had the AC compressor changed in October 2019, got the car back with a horrible squeal on cold start. Its now July 2020 and they still haven't managed to fix it. 5 complaints, its gone in 5 times (and is there right now) and they can't fix it.

It's put me off from future BMW ownership to be honest.

I'll get some logs up when I get it back and if anyone could give their 2 cents it would be much appreciated.
Never bothered getting one with a warranty but it seems like they are useless.

Is there anyone else you can contact to escalate the complaint further?

No problem.

If you don't mind me asking which dealership have you tried?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 08:35 AM   #27
snaeem155
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif2018 View Post
Never bothered getting one with a warranty but it seems like they are useless.

Is there anyone else you can contact to escalate the complaint further?

No problem.

If you don't mind me asking which dealership have you tried?
I usually have to fight my corner most of the time but under warranty I've had:

2 water pumps
Thermostat
Boost solenoids
Rocker cover gasket
Oil filter housing gasket
Lower thrust arms
AC compressor
Alternator (didnt need changing but they did it)

So I've had a fair amount done, its just the annoyance of they try to wiggle out of it most times.

Don't know who else I can go to - emailed the group head office & BMW head office and both end up with the same outcome - dealer books the car in, nothing is sorted.

Its Sytner in Harold Wood.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 03:46 AM   #28
snaeem155
Private
Rep

So I got the car back and regardless of what BMW claim, its sluggish as hell.

Plus I'm sure I have WG rattle not just on start up but when driving.

I was thinking what would be the best next step to take as they said if there is no code they can't do anything. They aren't willing to listen to what the manual says about what rpm torque is meant to be at maximum.

Also tried escalating it with head office, same answer. No code = they have nothing to work with.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 05:09 AM   #29
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So I got the car back and regardless of what BMW claim, its sluggish as hell.

Plus I'm sure I have WG rattle not just on start up but when driving.

I was thinking what would be the best next step to take as they said if there is no code they can't do anything. They aren't willing to listen to what the manual says about what rpm torque is meant to be at maximum.

Also tried escalating it with head office, same answer. No code = they have nothing to work with.
If your getting Wastegates rattling whilst driving /accelerating, then its very likely your wastegates aren't holding boost properly or taking long to reach boost targets.

It looks like they don't want to replace your Turbos, because that would probably cost them somewhere in the region of 3k+

Typical bull from the stealership

Last edited by Saif2018; 08-19-2020 at 05:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #30
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Get the car back from the dealership......watch a few YouTube videos....and adjust the wastegate arms yourself. It's easy enough to do, and it will most likely fix your problem.
Appreciate 0