E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Supercharger stuff (MILVs+AA+BPC)

04-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #881
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 2007 SC

Garage List
Any of you switched to 10w-60 oil after the blower? I switched a while back, and am in a mild climate in Seattle.
E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 04:27 AM   #882
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlesquash View Post
Any of you switched to 10w-60 oil after the blower? I switched a while back, and am in a mild climate in Seattle.
Stuck with 5w30 :,)
      04-09-2020, 12:36 AM   #883
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Quote:
Smart man... Did mine... lifters tick louder... dumped it, not a good investment 250 Miles later!

On a different note, installed this, a bitch on the car and pretty annoyed they forgot mine when I got it as there is zero room to fit a socket here without taking blower off. Bullshit but hoping tread lock holds and I got some torque on it with an array of creative ways to get it in there. Emailed them twice during original install and was told I got everything I need which was obviously not the case. Gave up and bought it directly from Vortech and worst case I pull charger again and redo off the bracket this time.
Attached Images

E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      04-09-2020, 12:38 AM   #884
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Smart man... Did mine... lifters tick louder... dumped it, not a good investment 3 days later!

On a different note, installed this, a bitch on the car and pretty annoyed they forgot mine when I got it as there is zero room to fit a socket here without taking blower off. Bullshit but hoping tread lock holds and I got some torque on it with an array of creative ways to get it in there.
And back to my favorite oil penzoil euro platinum 5w-40 and been running that for last 10 years or so!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 12:44 AM   #885
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Smart man... Did mine... lifters tick louder... dumped it, not a good investment 250 Miles later!

On a different note, installed this, a bitch on the car and pretty annoyed they forgot mine when I got it as there is zero room to fit a socket here without taking blower off. Bullshit but hoping tread lock holds and I got some torque on it with an array of creative ways to get it in there. Emailed them twice during original install and was told I got everything I need which was obviously not the case. Gave up and bought it directly from Vortech and worst case I pull charger again and redo off the bracket this time.
Fitting seem to hold, no leaks! Even with drain hose you still fill up with one container only? Imagine so but curious. Tough with dipstick as there is not much of level to read off, more just to see if fluid is there or not.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 07:34 AM   #886
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fitting seem to hold, no leaks! Even with drain hose you still fill up with one container only? Imagine so but curious. Tough with dipstick as there is not much of level to read off, more just to see if fluid is there or not.
Yeah I dunno man. That sounds really suspect. But then it's nerve wracking because you're not supposed to overfill.... maybe find the same hose and fill and measure? I'd be anal about it... I dunno. It would drive ME nuts.
      04-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #887
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 e91

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I dunno man. That sounds really suspect. But then it's nerve wracking because you're not supposed to overfill.... maybe find the same hose and fill and measure? I'd be anal about it... I dunno. It would drive ME nuts.
So the trick I found was to start the car, let it run for a few minutes, shut off and check the dip. Make sure you screw it all the way down after you wipe and pull it, if it's not screwed down you won't get a reading! I made the mistake of thinking I was low. Luckily Vortech emailed me back and said many people overfill because they don't screw it down when checking the markings. They also said, you'd have to fill more than 2 full bottles to cause any excessive pressure enough to damage anything.

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 2
Noir883.00
      04-13-2020, 08:59 AM   #888
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaellcoates View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So the trick I found was to start the car, let it run for a few minutes, shut off and check the dip. Make sure you screw it all the way down after you wipe and pull it, if it's not screwed down you won't get a reading! I made the mistake of thinking I was low. Luckily Vortech emailed me back and said many people overfill because they don't screw it down when checking the markings. They also said, you'd have to fill more than 2 full bottles to cause any excessive pressure enough to damage anything.
Thanks guys, and I have the OEM Vortech hose so assuming threads holds I be ok. Also, your dipstick is just the little round bottom readoff one, a few millimeters in diameter?
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      04-28-2020, 12:22 AM   #889
Minutes2Midnight
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 328i

I don't know how many times I've said it, but thank you again Michael! I didn't know there was so much left in this car, and now I've got the tuning bug. Meth is on the way and the 3.73 is going in next week!

Installed the kit this weekend and cleaned up the engine bay a little bit. I just spent the last few hours reading through this whole thread and I'm more excited than ever to make more poor financial choices!

Appreciate 7
      04-28-2020, 06:30 AM   #890
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minutes2Midnight View Post
I don't know how many times I've said it, but thank you again Michael! I didn't know there was so much left in this car, and now I've got the tuning bug. Meth is on the way and the 3.73 is going in next week!

Installed the kit this weekend and cleaned up the engine bay a little bit. I just spent the last few hours reading through this whole thread and I'm more excited than ever to make more poor financial choices!

Congrats! I think I'm keeping mine to continue to make bad choices. Let us know how that meth install kit goes!
      04-28-2020, 11:21 PM   #891
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Fun fact: my original engine handled the stress
Newer engine? I have oil on the back of my car :,).

See something you want off my car, let me know
      04-29-2020, 01:51 AM   #892
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Man you got some bad luck with your engines, sorry to hear!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 02:36 AM   #893
Minutes2Midnight
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 328i

Quote:

Yikes, what happened?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 04:57 AM   #894
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:

Oh no! Sucks to hear this.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 06:52 AM   #895
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 e91

Quote:

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
So happy this ended up in your hands, excited to follow your progress. I know this kit had so much more power left to find!

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 07:06 AM   #896
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Man you got some bad luck with your engines, sorry to hear!
No fkn joke :/

Quote:
Quote:

Yikes, what happened?
Downshifted on the highway to pass some peeps and took it to redline to .. ya know, make boosty boost then I hit the limiter and pop.... no holes in my car so I don't think anything shot out. But I can't imagine what gave way. No oil trail from when I pulled to the shoulder.

Quote:
Quote:

Big poopy :/ redesigned head blah blah blah
bigsad.jpeg
      04-29-2020, 07:59 AM   #897
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

“Downshifted on the highway to pass some peeps and took it to redline to .. ya know, make boosty boost then I hit the limiter and pop.... no holes in my car so I don't think anything shot out. But I can't imagine what gave way. No oil trail from when I pulled to the shoulder.”

Sounds like your charge pipe blew off. That’s a common issue with that kit maybe you don’t have any serious issues
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 08:23 AM   #898
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
"Downshifted on the highway to pass some peeps and took it to redline to .. ya know, make boosty boost then I hit the limiter and pop.... no holes in my car so I don't think anything shot out. But I can't imagine what gave way. No oil trail from when I pulled to the shoulder."

Sounds like your charge pipe blew off. That's a common issue with that kit maybe you don't have any serious issues
I had a low engine oil pressure indicator on CIC :/
There was totally a thin layer of oil on the back of the car... bumper and boot :/
      04-29-2020, 10:50 PM   #899
Kubricks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 130i M/T

Quote:
Sounds like your charge pipe blew off. That’s a common issue with that kit maybe you don’t have any serious issues
Every time my engine sounds great all of a sudden I know the charge pipe pop off LOL.

Btw I have ESS shipped me the "latest version" of the charge pipe a week ago, in hope that I have the old loose version to begin with. Nope, it fits exactly the same. :\
      04-30-2020, 06:39 AM   #900
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
oh man Im sorry

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #901
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
oh man Im sorry
It's all gravy
We'll see what the ole Indy bois say

Tough not having the time. So much classwork fml.
      04-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #902
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
oh man Im sorry
It's all gravy
We'll see what the ole Indy bois say

Tough not having the time. So much classwork fml.
We will pray for the Indy bois to find some good news

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00