Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Continental vs. Michelin

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-12-2021, 06:29 PM   #23
alpinec1984
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
They are heavy and loud though. Actually it was weird reading some of the feedback in here. Some of y'all had the same exact experiences as me while other had the opposite.

I personally found the conti's to be inferior to the Michelins, they seemed heavier and less grippy IMO. But again, seems like others had a completely diff exp
hmm that is interesting considering the conti's are actually both the lightest and quietest of the mentioned tires
      08-13-2021, 10:41 AM   #24
ky0u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f22 m235i, e30 325is

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325IS  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinec1984 View Post
hmm that is interesting considering the conti's are actually both the lightest and quietest of the mentioned tires
If im honest, maybe the "weight" thing might be just a matter of responsiveness? I felt my car reacted faster to turn inputs on the M's but was slightly lagged on the Conti's. As for the noise, that's what I'd thought and the reason why i had opted for the Conti's at the time. But for some reason, i could hear the road noise inside my car more distinctly then after i swapped.

But then tbf, I dont have any quantifiable statistical data or anythinng though this was all just my personal experiences running the two tires

Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 08:52 AM   #25
Damaskus325
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328ix sport package

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
If im honest, maybe the "weight" thing might be just a matter of responsiveness? I felt my car reacted faster to turn inputs on the M's but was slightly lagged on the Conti's. As for the noise, that's what I'd thought and the reason why i had opted for the Conti's at the time. But for some reason, i could hear the road noise inside my car more distinctly then after i swapped.

But then tbf, I dont have any quantifiable statistical data or anythinng though this was all just my personal experiences running the two tires
I get what you are saying. The issue with all of our responses is the variances that can be had. We all have different quality roads, driving patterns, suspension age and wear, etc. I even think the level of gas in your tank and people/cargo in your car makes differences. There is just so much to consider individually. Also some of us prioritize certain features over others. If I live in a mostly dry climate, wet performance may not be as important to me as maybe, handling performance. If it never snows where you are, snow traction may never be tested with your experience. So on and so on. Im getting a headache already. Power to you if you love the Michelins. I love my Contis and can only advocate for those at the moment. If I get a chance to try some Michelins my mind may change. Who knows lol. Cheers to all.
      08-16-2021, 09:24 AM   #26
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
I would say the Michelin AS4's are a superior tire to the DWS06 in MOST areas, but the DWS06 is a slightly more comfortable tire on the street. One thing that was kind of a pain is the AS4's took several tries to balance, at least on my car.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0