E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > FS: BMW 335D E91 M Sport

09-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #23
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
So you let them have the car ?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #24
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
So you let them have the car ?
Yeh - i wouldn't normally even take a banker's draft.
But i know where they work and live etc.
I googled them and the father is a director of the business he claimed to be. The numbers on his business card all check out too.

Plus you'll have seen in the news this week how debts get settled in the part of Glasgow my business is in!! <---never has that smiley been more appropriate!
But in seriousness - i am not concerned. Beats the guy who turned up and claimed to have £20k of cash with him for a 'quick sale'!!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #25
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Yeh - i wouldn't normally even take a banker's draft.
But i know where they work and live etc.
I googled them and the father is a director of the business he claimed to be. The numbers on his business card all check out too.

Plus you'll have seen in the news this week how debts get settled in the part of Glasgow my business is in!! <---never has that smiley been more appropriate!
But in seriousness - i am not concerned. Beats the guy who turned up and claimed to have £20k of cash with him for a 'quick sale'!!
You're a braver man than me misterS3.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #26
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
You're a braver man than me misterS3.
You mean stupider
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #27
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
You mean stupider
Let's hope not Mate
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #28
mistry
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 530D

Best sale I had, was a guy came to look at my car, took it for a spin, agreed a price, he then says "can I use your internet, I'll transfer the funds now". as he banked with the same bank as me the funds transfered instantly. After a quick call to my bank to confirm the funds, he drives off about an hour later. Perfect.

P.S. I'm sure you'll be fine (I hope)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #29
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Odd isnt it.
Had no end of time wasting clowns selling the S2000 recently.

The last guy who came had a go in it, and asked to borrow my laptop to wire the money, no haggling or anything.
Then he said ring when its cleared and I'll come get the car. It was three days or so later, he just left to go back home

His comment was "I always buy the owner, not the car".
A Customs and Excise officer, and so I guess he knows just who is who

ICBA with these twats who want to argue down on bottom book because they read in Autotrader that the market is squeezed.
With cars and anything else we sell, if the buyer annoys I tell then its sold and to leave, end of.
There is no need for rude or arrogant behaviour, some of its obviously masking a lack of self confidence and I can allow for that.
But a lot are just plain morons - and I would rather keep the damned car then talk with them.

Last edited by m1bjr; 09-03-2010 at 07:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #30
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just for closure.

Was at bank yesterday doing business banking and asked girl behind counter to check if the draft had cleared. And indeed it had.

So i'm running around in a 53 E320D at the moment which is like a boat. I now know why my dad drives so slowly and takes ages to pull out at junctions. Totally not confidence inspiring!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #31
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Best sale i ever had was on my Fiat Coupe 5 years ago. I am in Northern Ireland, advertised it on a Fiat Coupe forum and a guy from Birmingham asked for pics. He quickly showed he was keen on the car, we talked about travel over to view the car and arrangments to meet at the airport and ways to transport the car back to England. Last minute he reckoned he couldn't come over due to work, said he was taking a chance on the car as we had communicated a lot via email and he trusted my assesssment of the car which was immaculate, guess its the buying the owner thing. Anyway he arranged to electronically transfer the money which he did on the day my first daughter was born. She was a little early and in intensive care for the first week. I was a little hard to contact for the first day when money came through due to being in the hospital but called him that night thinking he would be up the walls with worry as he had paid me all the money. He said no worries, I had to deliver the car to the transport company to take the car to him and he said not to worry about doing that for a week or so as he knew I was busy with my daughter. There is no way I was going to keep him waiting as if the shoe was on the other foot I would naturally have been a bit worried. Got the car delivered to the company the next morning on way to hospital and he got it a couple of days later. Had a call saying he couldn't believe how good condition the car was in and how it exceeded what his expectations were and he was delighted.
Appreciate 0