E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > HELP! coding DRLs

08-24-2023, 06:35 PM   #1
Lochstar8
e90 323i
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E90 323i

HELP! coding DRLs

I have a pre lci 2007 e90 323i. With factory halogen headlights. And I’m currently retrofitting halos, as well as bi-xenon low beams and dedicated led high beams.

I’ve had no problem coding out all of the cold and hot checks for both high beam and low beam using NCS expert. But to run the halos I would like to tap in to the wiring from this bulbsee pic).

It comes on when the low beams are on. It Comes on by itself when the DRLs are activated with the Manuel switch next to the steering wheel. BUT when that same switch is in automatic and the light sensor senses enough light to turn off the headlights it turns off everything including the daytime running lights. Wich is illegal where I live and would like to have the day time running lights on at ALL times. I’ve tried going through all of the DRL specific options in the FRM inside NCS expert but nothing has kept the DRLs on when the light sensor turns off the headlights.

Previously the halogen high beam was used as the “always on light” just at a dimmed state using PWM wich I have disabled because my LED high beam didn’t like the PWM.

Have any suggestions For keeping that little bulb on all the time.?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2023, 12:34 PM   #2
Lochstar8
e90 323i
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E90 323i

Bump
Appreciate 0