E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Downgrading from AHL to regular xenon - self-leveling would work?

05-16-2023, 01:19 PM   #1
AziAzazel
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 325i euro

Downgrading from AHL to regular xenon - self-leveling would work?

Hello! This is my first post on this forum but I have nowhere else to with this particular issue.

So I've had AHL - dynamic xenon D1S on my E90 Pre-LCI. I've had a lot of issues with cornering headlights mechanism being just worn out so I've swapped these headlights for a Sonar aftermarket ones. They have a plug for the motor but not for SMC module that controls the AHL functions. As they do not turn. But without that my self-leveling function does not work.

I assume that non-cornering normal xenon in E90s doesn't have this module yet somehow works with the self leveling function via the motor. If I'm incorrect in this assumption please tell me :

So now there is my question. How do I go from AHL to normal xenon and retail the self leveling functionality? Is it even possible or am I stuck with very nice lamps that will not level? I've put it into coding as I assume it is related. I have yet to code out the function to remove "cornering lights not functional" error.

Thanks in advance for all the answers.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2023, 06:08 AM   #2
Vicce
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325xi

Hi, I have this same issue as you are having. I did code out VO $524 to get rid of error message in idrive. However self leveling does not work.
Have you managed to resolve that issue?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 12:42 PM   #3
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicce View Post
Hi, I have this same issue as you are having. I did code out VO $524 to get rid of error message in idrive. However self leveling does not work.
Have you managed to resolve that issue?
Did you code in normal Xenons?