E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > THE MOST RECKLESS BMW DEALERSHIP IN THE USA... and their lawyers..

01-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #375
Wilhelm
Private
Rep
Drives: 3281T

Does Arizona have an Anti-SLAPP law and, if so, does it work?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #376
phillyfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 335i 6AT

RealDeal, at this point, I feel your trolling. If you have some insider info, post it. Otherwise, what's your point? It's obvious it's not to "protect" arguru. If you continue to basically troll this thread, my hope is the admins of this site will ban you.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #377
Wilhelm
Private
Rep
Drives: 3281T

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguru View Post
I was actually wondering when somebody would ask about this given the troll's "They'll outspend you in court" comment.

Yes, Arizona does have an anti-SLAPP law in place.. and we are very familiar with how it would work pertaining to this situation.

Although I don't think Real Deal over here thought about that before his little rant.
I hope for everyone's sake this gets resolved before it escalates any further. Godspeed.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #378
kablammo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1 sDrive, e53 4.4, e36 M3/4/5

The fact that the repair shop (BMW) has not disclosed the reason for the fault says a lot. Deep down there must be skeleton(s) in the closet and BMW is afraid of liability.

I certainly hope this gets resolved and the core issues are uncovered. If this does go to trial I would love to be a fly-on-the-wall. In today's day and age the little guy certainly has the upper hand in a jury trail. I know the wrecked e60 M5 case in TX (mentioned previously) is a good example. If I were the dealer/BMW I would phone Autobahn and ask them if they think going to trial was worth it

Good tidings to the OP - best of luck and please share the reason of the fault, if you ever get one.

k
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #379
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
curious if "therealdealBMW" or "Richard" is going to post again
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #380
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

This is actually funny, before reading this thread I was talking to my buddy who is a product defect attorney about liability of a corporation that knows a defect but doesn't disclose it to the public.

Kind of like Fight Club when he is investigating the burnt up car and he says, take the number of cases this may involve and multiply it by the likely payout. If this amount is less than a recall, you just let the problem exist and make payments when people die.

Makes you wonder, my friend says this happens more than you realize, the bottom line margin means everything to these companies while your life is just a statistic to them.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #381
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablammo View Post
If I were the dealer/BMW I would phone Autobahn and ask them if they think going to trial was worth it
Who is Autobahn
      01-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #382
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
Who is Autobahn
read post #461 in this thread
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #383
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Hey, Arguru, why don't you just print your receipt with explanation of what was wrong and how it was fixed? You have been asked a few times now. THAT would solve everything. I thought you just wanted to get your car fixed? What a mess this has become.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #384
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguru
Hey all,

As many of you have read on here recently, I dealt with a situation while driving my e92 where my steering temporarily stopped working while on the freeway at a high rate of speed. I was able to get the vehicle off to the shoulder of the freeway (luckily) safely.

What makes this story most interesting is that in the days prior to the incident on the freeway, I had gotten a warning light on my dash. I immediately called my local BMW dealership (North Scottsdale BMW) and scheduled an immediate appointment to get the problem fixed under my CPO warranty). Upon bringing the car in, I had a service advisor come out, get into my car, and proceed to turn off the warning light (they had me leave the car and I was sitting in a waiting area while he did this). He then came to the waiting area and said to completely disregard the warning light as it did NOT indicate that there was anything wrong with my car and that it merely just an alert that some sort of inspection was due on my car that isn't required in our state (Arizona). I had told him that the alert seemed pretty serious and that he repeated that it was fine and that there was no issue with the car whatsoever and that it was perfectly drivable. In the days after, I found that not to be the case on the 101 freeway and was put in a position where I could have easily been severely injured/killed, or done the same to another driver on the road.

When I contacted the GM regarding the situation, he blew me off and stood by his employee's story and that there was nothing wrong with the car.

There are other details to this story in which you can get caught up on by going to the following link:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620465

Now shortly after the incident on the freeway and dealing with the GM blowing it off, I brought the story to this forum with pictures of the warning lights and got confirmation from some real knowledgeable and reputable users on here (BSAMOUL, ENINTY, ZZZZ, PHILLYFAN, CPTCRUNCH, and WINGZEROX5 just to name a few), that the warning light did NOT have anything to do with any sort of state service inspection and it had everything to do with a pretty serious problem with my car.

After getting confirmation on what I already had speculated to be the case, I contacted the GM, armed with info from the good bros on here. WingZeroX5 even provided me with a PDF version of the freakin manual that I included in my second email to the GM!! To give you the short story, the guy scolded me basically for trying to "out knowledge" him, stood by their story at the dealership, and even took some parting shots at my 07 e92. If you read the old thread, this did not end well to say the least.

So fast forward to last Friday (12/9) where i get a call from a lawyer from Penske Automotive (Penske owns this dealership in particular). He plays it nice and tells me that he's going to talk to the GM at the dealership and get to the bottom of this. Within minutes of his phone call, I get an email from requesting that I REMOVE the posts on this forum regarding the dealerships screw up, what the GM did, etc. I reply in the nicest way I can think of, telling him that the facts are true and I'm entitled to free speech and that they're not coming down.

I contacted that same lawyer earlier today for an update and he told me that the dealership isn't willing to do anything for me (all I asked for was that they fix my car) and sides with their story on the warning light.

To me this looks like a blatant attempt at a cover up to hide a critical mistake they made... like their inability to admit fault is going to make them liable for something.

Does anybody have any similar stories dealing with GM's and corporate giving the same consistent runaround? It seems to me that now because I refused to remove the post on here that they're now matching stories and standing united against me.

You guys are smart, any ideas on how I go about this now?

As always, you guys are appreciated and with your help. Now that I chose not to "play nice" with Penske and hide the dealership's wrongdoings, it looks like they're going to stand united on the fact that what the BMW manual calls a crucial DTS/DTC warning light is really in fact just a petty inspection light that needs to attention other than to be turned off and have the driver sent away to deal with it.

Thank you guys in advance for any help/replies and additionally for what you've already done.
Free speech does not apply to private enterprise. The dealer has the same right to counter your postings to protect its good name as you do.

Freedom of speech applies to government and government
agencies.

There is no way I would settle with you if you refuse to take down your bad mouth posts... Right or wrong.

This does, however, give you some leverage. Tell the dealership attorney that you will remove the posts as long as the dealer agrees to do x.

You have to be careful though... This type of offer could be construed as a coercive maneuver on your part, thus voiding any agreement in the future.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #385
TherealdealBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

If I worked at the dealer or for BMW I would already have the document I am betting he won't post and would post it myself. I don't have access to claims history or the dealers invoices. I'm far removed from this mess and can tell you that you have no sound mechanical stance if your assertion is that your SZL failed and you lost steering control. BMW will not need to fly a guy in to disprove that. You are no better than the crowd of gold digging opportunists that all ran their Toyotas into walls when they thought there was a chance to get paid.

On the other hand, if I'm wrong and they replaced your rack, column, or anything relating to your steering other than your SZL. You would already be in possession of a smoking gun and not need the advice of this forum. Again, if the car isn't fixed, why the hell are you still driving it? Sounds alot like OJ lookIng for the real killers on the golf course.
Give me the VIN and the dealer and I'll get the invoice myself.

You don't have to take my advice. Odds are you already hung yourself via email and taped phone calls. They won't sue you for their reputation or slander or libel, it will be something with teeth, like extortion.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #386
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealdealBMW View Post
If I worked at the dealer or for BMW I would already have the document I am betting he won't post and would post it myself. I don't have access to claims history or the dealers invoices. I'm far removed from this mess and can tell you that you have no sound mechanical stance if your assertion is that your SZL failed and you lost steering control. BMW will not need to fly a guy in to disprove that. You are no better than the crowd of gold digging opportunists that all ran their Toyotas into walls when they thought there was a chance to get paid.

On the other hand, if I'm wrong and they replaced your rack, column, or anything relating to your steering other than your SZL. You would already be in possession of a smoking gun and not need the advice of this forum. Again, if the car isn't fixed, why the hell are you still driving it? Sounds alot like OJ lookIng for the real killers on the golf course.

You don't have to take my advice. Odds are you already hung yourself via email and taped phone calls. They won't sue you for their reputation or slander or libel, it will be something with teeth, like extortion.
please explain how he is "extorting" them? He hasn't filed suit or anything, and he isn't asking for money (at least none that we know or he has admitted to).

It seems from the beginning, all he wanted was an explanation and things started escalating from there.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 01-20-2012 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #387
TheStigsTwin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #388
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Teeth, fangs, extortion... We are so scared. These dbags will do anything to keep OP from posting, all the scare tactics used only tells me one thing... They want this thing to go away and go away quick :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #389
bimmer_335
Major
Rep
Drives: 540 mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post

Kind of like Fight Club when he is investigating the burnt up car and he says, take the number of cases this may involve and multiply it by the likely payout. If this amount is less than a recall, you just let the problem exist and make payments when people die.
its unfortunate but so true !!!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #390
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
please explain how he is "extorting" them? He hasn't filed suit or anything, and he isn't asking for money (at least none that we know or he has admitted to).

It seems from the beginning, all he wanted was an explanation and things started escalating from there.

Thats the impression I get too but now he still isnt satisfied. He says he doesnt want any dough so I'm not really sure why we are still talking about this. Still not sure why he won't print explanation and repair receipt. His original intentions seems genuine and innocent (get car repaired with explanation) enough and its now spiralled out of control thanks to this forum of people that were not even there. Not sure why Arguru (and most others here) feel a great need to demand apologies etc. Get car fixed and move on. If you dont like the car/dealership then move on. To each his own. Very entertaining to follow I must say.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #391
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
My resolution? At first I was going to say screw it and sell my car and never deal with BMW again. After further consideration I've come to realize that it's not BMW that I dislike heavily. It's just their customer service department. I will keep this in mind in the future when making a decision on whether or not to buy another car from the company.
...and this is why there are thousands of hits to this thread. Many of us are hoping for an amicable outcome; meaning that BMW does the right thing and apologizes/makes things right for you. If they don't, there likely a few of us that may just make a decision to try another brand. There are other luxury/sporty manufacturers who would love to welcome us into their family.
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #392
TotalPower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Vert AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
...and this is why there are thousands of hits to this thread. Many of us are hoping for an amicable outcome; meaning that BMW does the right thing and apologizes/makes things right for you. If they don't, there likely a few of us that may just make a decision to try another brand. There are other luxury/sporty manufacturers who would love to welcome us into their family.
You know you're right. Not only is customer service a key indicator of customer's buying a car, but buying the same brand again. I dont think any company should risk losing potential or return customers especially over a safety concern.

look at what lexus did- staging the largest recall in history- it takes a lot to admit that you're wrong, but it's time to step up.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #393
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalPower View Post
You know you're right. Not only is customer service a key indicator of customer's buying a car, but buying the same brand again. I dont think any company should risk losing potential or return customers especially over a safety concern.

look at what lexus did- staging the largest recall in history- it takes a lot to admit that you're wrong, but it's time to step up.
I bet this thread will dissuade no one. While I believe Arguru had a problem with his car...WE WERE NOT THERE. He hasn't produced the repair bill so we don't even know what was done. Maybe the GM was having a bad day and that got Arguru angry and........If your dealer is treating you well and you like your car is there anyone that would switch brands because of something they read on a forum about what may or may not have happened? Really?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #394
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Quote:

I'm only willing to "fight the good fight" for so long. I've said my peace and if anything, just take it as knowledge. This is my story, this is what I went through, nothing else is going to come of it, take it as it is.

This has been going on for months now. After a certain point, it's over and pushing an issue like this is like trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip.

If any new issues come to light, I'll be on here to let everyone know. Until then? I really have nothing else.
No dog in this fight, but to me it looks like ThereaddealBMW accomplished his mission in 5 posts or less. WOW!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #395
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

I completely understand your frustration with your dealings with Penske and BMWNA. It's often liking running full speed into a brickwall without a helmet.

And it may well be best to move on- that is your call and yours alone.

The one underlying unanswered question of some importance to all of us still remains: Is there a systemic serious problem with the active steering system.

Don't pay too much heed to those that attempt to deride your postings for whatever reason. I think you have accounted yourself very well given what you factual knew and didn't know based on what information was made available to you.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #396
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
No dog in this fight, but to me it looks like ThereaddealBMW accomplished his mission in 5 posts or less. WOW!
............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Appreciate 0