E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 07 328i sensors question

08-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #23
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328XI

I plan on going there tomorrow. I hope that the parts are there and that they were taken off for cleaning. I'm trying to get a list of all the missing parts to go with the picture. I've done business with this dealership for almost 20 years.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 12:21 PM   #24
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

TIS: Removing Microfilter Housings, Upper & Lower

See this TIS Link for Microfilter Housing Removal Procedure, with photos:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ter/1VnYWBEkSp

George
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 01:11 PM   #25
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep

Do you know where these parts are located at?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #26
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep

I went back to the dealer and they would not do anything about it. The person who sold it to me went to see if it was in the back. He came back and told me that they did not have it and that it was noted on the inspection that the parts were not there. They did not tell me that the parts were missing when I bought it. I asked the salesman three times about where the sensor goes and he told me to Google it.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #27
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep

Is this piece part #15 on the diagram? I realized that the diagram is looking at it from the back. I only need about 5 parts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #28
slupie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau

This page will be your friend for a while https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=64_1428

https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/32...07&m=20&e=2053

https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/32...07&m=20&e=2053

You are missing few hundred bucks worth of parts. Above links are just for reference.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #29
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slupie View Post
Thank you. Do you know where they get there prices from?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #30
slupie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Style View Post
Thank you. Do you know where they get there prices from?
FCP Euro is a online BMW parts vendor, OEM and aftermarket.

RealOM is a BMW part catalog and I don't know where they get their part prices from, but I noticed that they are off from other online part sources.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #31
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep

There prices look cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 09:30 PM   #32
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Do you have all the part numbers?
See the changes I made to my post... RealOEM.com has all the P/Ns. Try to figure out how to use the site it helps quite a bit with ownership.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 09:33 PM   #33
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I went back to the dealer and they would not do anything about it. The person who sold it to me went to see if it was in the back. He came back and told me that they did not have it and that it was noted on the inspection that the parts were not there. They did not tell me that the parts were missing when I bought it. I asked the salesman three times about where the sensor goes and he told me to Google it.
What kind of dealer? Those parts should have been included with the car. The dealer should compensate you for the cost of the parts.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #34
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is this piece part #15 on the diagram? I realized that the diagram is looking at it from the back. I only need about 5 parts.
No. Part item no. 15 is hidden in any picture you will find, you cant see it in pics. It goes on the back of the lower tray and compresses against the cowling.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 07:15 AM   #35
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep

I went to the dealer and talked to the person who sold me the car and his boss and they would not do anything. I contacted the manager and I am going to see him today.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 07:15 AM   #36
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep

Do you know the name or part number for the other part?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 07:22 AM   #37
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I went to the dealer and talked to the person who sold me the car and his boss and they would not do anything. I contacted the manager and I am going to see him today.
What dealer brand was it? A BMW branded dealership, or CarMax, what? If it was a BMW dealership, they should have known better.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 07:26 AM   #38
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you know the name or part number for the other part?
Dude, we've (I've) been trying to suggest you learn how to use RealOEM.com. Once you learn how to use it, which is go to the site and enter the last 7 of your VIN, then look around for parts, it's mostly very logical. Item 3 is the part number.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #39
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Last help I'm giving

Item 12 is the cable harness holder for the fat round cable sitting on your engine cover behind the rectangle shaped one in your pic. It clips under the lower airfilter tray.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #40
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you. I will work on using it. I just wanted to have the part info before I went to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 08:18 AM   #41
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you. I will work on using it. I just wanted to have the part info before I went to the dealer.
The reason this is a serious issue for you is because if the cabin airfilter tray was left off the car for a long period of time, the HVAC box was subject to water infiltration. The cabin airfilter components that are missing are essential to keeping water out of the HVAC system; it is a known issue that even if just the top tray that holds the airfilter is installed incorrectly, water can get in the HVAC system. Water can damage the HVAC blower motor as a minimum, and worse, there are 7 stepper motors that move the various flaps that adjust the airflow within the HVAC system. If the car sat outside in heavy rains, it'd be concerned a lot of water got in the HVAC box. The HVAC box holds the heater core and AC evaporator. All very expensive components to have replaced.

My advice to you is get this resolved with the dealership and find out why the car did not have the components in place when you purchased it, and how long did they had the car in this condition before they sold it to you, and where the car was stored. I'm not sure how long you've had the car, but if it were me I'd have the dealership buy the car back, or at least get a free, written extended warranty, that covers the HVAC system for defects for at least 24-months. The level of irateness I'd show would be seriously unpleasant. They sold you an incomplete car with critical components missing.

This is the electrical schematic for the HVAC box (the box is in shadow gray). Where the blowermotor/fan is shown is directly below the left side air intake opening in the cowl, which is covered and made water-infiltration proof by the upper cabin airfilter tray. Open to the elements like your car is now, allows water to get into the HVAC box.
Attached Images

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 08-21-2018 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 08:22 AM   #42
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep

They had the car for about 2 weeks according to the carfax. I believe it was taken off around that time. The sensor really clean, it looks like new. Everything is working correctly and nothing is wet inside of the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #43
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They had the car for about 2 weeks according to the carfax. I believe it was taken off around that time. The sensor really clean, it looks like new. Everything is working correctly and nothing is wet inside of the car.
The sensor is meaningless, and the least of the problem. Working correctly for now...

Well if you think the parts were removed when they got the car, then where in the hell are the parts? They lost the parts when they removed them? If that happened then the dealer is responsible to replace them. The parts are not optional, they are like wheels; required for safe operation of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 09:35 AM   #44
OG Style
Lieutenant
Rep

I think the dealer lost them but they told me that they weren't on the car when they got it. I'm going to look at it in a little bit since it has been raining all night.
Appreciate 0