E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Leaf Blower. .teaser.

03-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #67
Johnny D
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [9.16]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMW FB Page
Headers are coming close, we will be doing test fits on all the sets to make sure it's 100% for everyone, and then shipping starts! People who have already ordered have emails waiting for them in their inboxes (used Paypal emails)

Supercharger tuning is still happening, we have a couple extra parts coming in from UPS today/tomorrow to finish it up and then we will be able to get some road test videos done, dyno's and other fun things too. Stay Tuned!

And finally, the NEW, Improved, fully functional MMW website will be up next week. Featuring information on our Supercharger kit for the N52 motor, Headers fo the N52, Body parts for the e9x, Tuning for the N54/N55, Suspension setups and Wheel choices! Some of you might even see your rides on our site also!
These were posted 6 hours ago. Maybe you guys should subscribe to his facebook page and stop QQing.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #68
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydever View Post
Its now the day after "tomorrow " thought there was going to be more info and photos? .......

On a side note I saw a squatch in my woods today. More updates tomorrow.
Eagerly awaiting pics!!
Sorry man the squatch was real blurry in my pics. You've seen the TV show. Haha

Gavin is such a tease

Has anyone actually gotten headers yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #69
Dr. Nate
Nate Dogg
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Saloon

Facebook is lame.

-Nate
      03-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #70
t1mmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2008 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntar View Post
These were posted 6 hours ago. Maybe you guys should subscribe to his facebook page and stop QQing.
Nobody's QQ'ing. You just proved my statement -

He posted a teaser. People asked for updates. Defenders come out to defend him.

I don't care if its on FB or if it's here, doesn't matter. This cycle has repeated multiple times, and I was just observing.
      03-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #71
benzo23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

Why does anyone care? Does it affect your day?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #72
blackbeast06
adrenergic stimulation
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4cs San Marino Blue

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
You guys get all to worked up about this.
It is what it is.

Facts:
MMW takes a long time to develop products
There is always a claimed update coming with a long time inbetween (even on FB)
Products do show up at some point

We have to learn from the past and just realize that MMW will update when they can, no need to pester and ask for updates when not available (or maybe we should as a driving force). I just have no expectations on time tables so I just sit back and wait. No one else is taking on a N52 supercharger so we have to wait on this.

[IMG]m4 by senntera, on Flickr[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #73
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Sorry man the squatch was real blurry in my pics. You've seen the TV show. Haha

Gavin is such a tease

Has anyone actually gotten headers yet?

What I find most odd is that Gavin had claimed to have the supercharger working for several months of testing and there was never a video of the car running.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #74
dtea604
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 325i

LOL so who cares at least buddy making the product work effiecently not just working. its not a turbo its a supercharger. i doubt all you you bashers are gunna even buy it anyways as one of the previous msges states. does it affect your day. its pretty hilarious how half you guys make it seem like you guys already pre order the part or something just take a chill pill and when its out its out. as on their fb said there official site should be up by next week so you n52 enthusiast relaaxx take a toke.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #75
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post

What I find most odd is that Gavin had claimed to have the supercharger working for several months of testing and there was never a video of the car running.
I agree. Or a photo with the charger even hooked up. Its mounted but I have yet to see a photo of it with a filter on, or a hose/tube to connect to throttle body.

I don't doubt they are trying to make one, but it seems like it has been forever. Why "tease" two weeks ago or whatever and then disappear.

Very odd how MMW does this. The OP on here makes it seem like it was to be released to the world a few days later. His sig even says "this week" for release when the OP was made.

It is now "this week" + like 2/3

Have a feeling this is not a legit think that has ever been run/ driven. He tolsd me thru PM back in NOV that it had been on his car for weeks and hes been driving around with it testing it out.

ODD
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #76
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
I agree. Or a photo with the charger even hooked up. Its mounted but I have yet to see a photo of it with a filter on, or a hose/tube to connect to throttle body.

I don't doubt they are trying to make one, but it seems like it has been forever. Why "tease" two weeks ago or whatever and then disappear.

Very odd how MMW does this. The OP on here makes it seem like it was to be released to the world a few days later. His sig even says "this week" for release when the OP was made.

It is now "this week" + like 2/3

Have a feeling this is not a legit think that has ever been run/ driven. He tolsd me thru PM back in NOV that it had been on his car for weeks and hes been driving around with it testing it out.

ODD
2 test cars. the most recent pictures are of it on gavin's car. the other one is that other dood who's username i do not remember. i don't know why there are two cars now or what happened to the first car. would like to know but in the end, its up to him to share.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #77
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep

I just feel like it is odd to want to market his stuff on FB when this site is completely dedicated to e90 owners that like to mod their cars. Seems like a backwards way to market something.

Anyway it would be cool if something (anything) actually comes from all these rumors/ teasers etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #78
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

Quote:
I just feel like it is odd to want to market his stuff on FB when this site is completely dedicated to e90 owners that like to mod their cars. Seems like a backwards way to market something.

Anyway it would be cool if something (anything) actually comes from all these rumors/ teasers etc.
indeed
      03-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #79
desertfx41
SSAH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 6MT - 2002 M3 6MT

If there is one thing I have learned about modding cars it is that everything takes time. His keeping people updated is intended to generate buzz and interest, which it obviously has done. Being a pioneer in any industry is never easy.

Last edited by desertfx41; 03-16-2012 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #80
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

i'd rather take my chances on gavin instead of ARMA. at least he's in america let alone in cali so it's great for us all. If you guys are gonna keep bashing about his supercharger, no one is stopping you from getting one from ARMA. just good luck on customer service where time over there is 16 hours ahead from us and it'd take weeks to ship an item over here... Not to mention, if they do jip you (no offense to ARMA) there's no law at all that says they have to ship you or refund you shit. rome wasn't built in a day, neither could this supercharger but i do admit it's been a bit of time. But i did note that someone said that MMW isn't gavin's only job. give the guy a break who's been trying to break boundries. If it's over a year, then we can just call it the AA "experiment." as i last recall, AA and ESS and VF said they were all gonna get one going for the n52 platform. Still haven't seen shit besides tuning, have you? at least if he has a pic of it being mounted it's a bit past the R&D stage. be glad that he's doing research and figuring out if the item will work instead of selling some bogus shit to us and claiming it works. and for all we know, he could be busy af still doing R&D in the back room while we sit here and talk shit. Maybe he just got excited with the break through and decided to share his thoughts with us after all, this was just started pretty recently if im not mistaken... i recall it being around the same time the group buys were for the catless ceramic headers. if you guys are that badly concerned, go to MMW and talk to him directly. I would, but it's not any of my concerns being as i don't have the money to be talking about it right now so guys enjoy.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 03:22 AM   #81
Hooy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
Why does anyone care? Does it affect your day?

these threads go full retard.
      03-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #82
Hooy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Plus has anyone noticed Gavin's account is no longer a sponsor account and many threads have been closed?
      03-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #83
OlivaresAnthony
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Plus has anyone noticed Gavin's account is no longer a sponsor account and many threads have been closed?
He probably just needs to renew his vendor status....I've seen it happen with other sponsors as well.
E90 325i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|Steptronic|Black Leatherette/Dark Burl Interior|OEM Alarm|35%Front/5%Rear Tint|RD LED License Plate Lights|Rear Fogs Activated|Debadged|Smoked Sidemarkers|Blacklines|Depo P90v2|Matte Black Grille|BMS PBX|AFE Drop In|Charcoal Filter Delete|Air Scoops| RM Silicone Intake Hose| Magnaflow 14815| 19" Avant Garde M310|Continental DWS|M3 Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #84
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivaresAnthony View Post
He probably just needs to renew his vendor status....I've seen it happen with other sponsors as well.
+1 happens all the time. happens to gavin all the time tbh haha

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #85
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post

these threads go full retard.
everybody knows you never go full retard.....
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #86
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

*double tap
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #87
peeej
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former E92 owner

check it out guys! http://www.mmotorwerks.net/
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #88
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Hey Guys,
Sorry for lagging on updates here, I have been away taking care of some things and finishing up the new website (which is a pain at the moment)

I saw a few questions in here, so I will get to those:

#1 - Kit in my car - what you guys see in here is my own car, with the current development of the kit. Previous posts indicated we had a V5 vortech unit, and it was just messy. I didnt like having to tap oil from the car and a V3 is better suited for our application and much easier to install and maintain for the end user. The other car is on hold until the tuning is finished with this new version.

#2 - Injectors - We are adding 2, instead of replacing them all for stage 1. It is easier to do it that way and keep the OEM computer working like it should, and running the other 2 on a seperate piggy back to sync it all together.

If we do a stage 2, depending on fuel needs we may or may not do a full replacement

#3 - Headers are getting ready and emails have already been sent to those who are ordered, and should have pictures of the all the coated colors and everything later today/early tomorrow. Just waiting for them to come in.

#4 sponsor status will be back up tomorrow, as I said I was away so it will be reinstated once the clock rolls over on the forum

----

Also, When we put up the new site, something happened with my emails and I am working on that also, I can send - but I cant receive emails to my Gavin@mmotorwerks.net email at the moment, so in the mean time I set up a temporary email at: MMotorwerks@gmail.com

again, It is taking some time and I am doing a lot of waiting like the rest of you guys, but Like the Lips we make, it will be clean and fit perfect when its done, and once I have something meaningful to put up ill have it for you guys right away
Appreciate 0