E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > RIDE SWAP, not wife swap

11-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Save Bluth
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: non-Beemer (for now)

RIDE SWAP, not wife swap

For all you drivers with KW v3s (or anyone thinking of going with this suspension), would you be interested in doing a ride swap?

I recently installed v3s and find them much stiffer/firmer than I had hoped, even after an adjustment to make softer. Folks on this forum have mostly suggested their rides are much like stock, but with better handling. I'm jealous.

Ideally, I would love to test drive an XI that feels like that. Maybe others would too, in order to make a decision about the suspension change.

Can we use this thread to get in touch with each other about arranging "test drives", maybe as part of a meet

I live in Chicago, specifically Lakeview
retired: '94 325is l Black l Black l 5MT
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
rushmdat23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi coupe

Count me in

I was going to get in touch with you to see how the ride was. I would really like to get behind the wheel and feel the new suspension since I'm planning on getting it this spring.
I'm stock suspension (but Dinan II) If we do it when the weather gets nice, I'll have my 19's back on.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
Save Bluth
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: non-Beemer (for now)

Hey Ben. If I remember correctly, you make a long drive to get to A&L too. Does that mean you're here in the city. I'm in Lakeview. I'd be happy to get together on of these days and let you try it out.

I'm planning to see Demetrious (of CAC & Lincoln Wilson Service) to have him take a test drive and potentially adjust this Saturday. Updates to follow. Feel free to PM me and let me know when you'd like to get together.

Keith
retired: '94 325is l Black l Black l 5MT
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 05:47 AM   #4
rushmdat23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi coupe

Keith,

Yup, I do make a long drive out there, but due east. I live in Highland Park; and I work way north just across the Wisconsin border. But without traffic its not a bad drive to the city. My schedule folows no pattern so let me knwo when you want to get together and I'll see if it works for me.
Will be going to A&L sometime next week to pick up the wifes car from repair.
Appreciate 0