E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > NO turn signals, windshield wipers stuck ON

03-01-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
DylanTs
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 330i e90

Exclamation NO turn signals, windshield wipers stuck ON

hello , had a problem with the car starting, turned out to be my ibs cable, unplugged it and the car was able to start. After moving the car to a a better location i turned it off and re-seated the battery cables. after entering the car again and starting it i have lost the ability to use the turn signals (hazard lights still work) and the windshield wipers are stuck in the on position. The car doesn't seem to recognize the windshield wiper control stick as well as the blinker control stick.

The battery had just been replaced and i am unable to register it because INPA is giving me an error, i dont think i touched anything else in INPA other than reading codes, clearing codes, and trying to register the battery.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 12:26 AM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

See the questions posed in the Related thread you created in the Coding Forum. Since you have INPA, you need to run "Functional Jobs", F4, F1, Read Error Memory, ALL Modules.

Paste a screenprint of each of those two screens to Paint, save as jpg files, and attach to a post here so we can suggest next step. There is/are probably fault code(s) saved in the JBE/JBBF to which the Steering Column Switch Cluster is connected, per this TIS circuit diagram:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...er-szl/ps6vBXm

Most importantly, to prevent the wipers from destroying your windshield, remove F39 which powers the wiper relays per this TIS circuit diagram, UNTIL you get the JBBF faults sorted (JBE/JBBF controls the wipers per signals from the Steering Column Switch Cluster per above):
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...inputs/fn3FTo5

If your vehicle was built BEFORE 3/1/2007, check fuse F59 in the JB fuse panel, as that supplies power to the steering column switch cluster.

If you find faults codes in specific related modules, you can connect to each of those modules, one at a time, and get fault code definitions and other details NOT included with the fault codes displayed in "Functional Jobs." Functional Jobs is just the starting point for fault diagnosis, and you need to be able to connect to each module with a fault code saved, to do further diagnostics.

It would also be helpful to provide your build date Month/year, e.g. 11/2006, as electrical circuits & fuse layout & numbering changed during the 2007 model run.

George

Last edited by gbalthrop; 03-02-2019 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #3
DylanTs
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 330i e90

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
See the questions posed in the Related thread you created in the Coding Forum. Since you have INPA, you need to run "Functional Jobs", F4, F1, Read Error Memory, ALL Modules.

Paste a screenprint of each of those two screens to Paint, save as jpg files, and attach to a post here so we can suggest next step. There is/are probably fault code(s) saved in the JBE/JBBF to which the Steering Column Switch Cluster is connected, per this TIS circuit diagram:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...er-szl/ps6vBXm

Most importantly, to prevent the wipers from destroying your windshield, remove F39 which powers the wiper relays per this TIS circuit diagram, UNTIL you get the JBBF faults sorted (JBE/JBBF controls the wipers per signals from the Steering Column Switch Cluster per above):
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...inputs/fn3FTo5

If your vehicle was built BEFORE 3/1/2007, check fuse F59 in the JB fuse panel, as that supplies power to the steering column switch cluster.

If you find faults codes in specific related modules, you can connect to each of those modules, one at a time, and get fault code definitions and other details NOT included with the fault codes displayed in "Functional Jobs." Functional Jobs is just the starting point for fault diagnosis, and you need to be able to connect to each module with a fault code saved, to do further diagnostics.

It would also be helpful to provide your build date Month/year, e.g. 11/2006, as electrical circuits & fuse layout & numbering changed during the 2007 model run.

George

Thanks you so much for the help and bearing with me.

I left the car disconnected from the negative terminal overnight and today i hooked it back up and unplugged the ibs cable again (in photo) which was what was preventing me from being able to start my car a couple days ago.
after connecting it today everything seems to be normal. But i still to the screenshots around INPA.

I beleive the car is 2006 e90 330I no idrive
I just noticed that it says EDIBA's paths are ???????? is this why i cant register the battery?
I have a screen shot of the VEHICLE DATA if you want to see that as well

i have uploaded screenshots of the ERROR MEMORY- SCOPE: ALL CONTROL MODULES

If you need me to do anything else let me know i cant explain how much i appreciate your help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0