E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > New Member (Brisbane)

09-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
TheOneV
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 325ci

New Member (Brisbane)

Hello,

I have just joined this forum and have some questions for the knowledgable people out there.

I currently own a 2003 325ci and am looking to upgrade to a 335i in the very new future.

First question

I have a set of 19x7.5 rims from my e46 that I would like to fit to the new 335i, is this possible? any major issues?

Second question

I have been reading a lot of information on the internet and also have spoken to Harding Performance in East Brisbane, what do you guys believe is the best modifications to make to the 335i (ecu, exhaust, intake and such) and what tuning shops do you recommend in Brisbane.

Thanks for your time
Regards
Wes

Last edited by TheOneV; 09-02-2009 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Welcome.

That's an interesting wheel size. Do you know the offset? Regardless, I think they will fit as there's considerable room to maneuver with a 7.5" wheel. How they will look is another matter.... if you want them to sit flush, you may be out of luck as the E9x take more aggressive offsets that the E46. I'm running E46 wheels on my E92 - 19x8.5ET38 and 19x9.5ET45 and I need a 5mm spacer in the front and 10mm in the rear to push them out.
Anyway, best bet is usually to try them and see how it goes.

Someone with a 335i can answer the second question
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
TheOneV
Registered
Australia
Rep

Thanks dgc71 I appreciate your response.

I am not too sure what offset the wheels are but will try and find out.

Can you let me know who provided the spacers for your wheels and where you had them fitted? Good job, professional?

Anyone want to attempt the modification questions?

Regards
Wes
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

No worries. The 10mm are H&R which I got from another member here who no longer needed them and was kind enough to help me out, the 5mm ones I shopped around for on ebay. I fitted them myself.
I should probably also mention that spacers are illegal in most parts of Australia, including Queensland, so it may not neccessarily be the route you want to take, particularly if you're concerned about voiding your insurance, etc. Something to keep in mind
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

For performance mods, send a PM to "xsboost" from these forums. He is from Brisbane also and will steer you in the right direction. Your first mod should be a tune and your best option is Vishnu's Procede V3. Rev.II
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
cloudyday
Rep
Drives: NA

do you lose warranty if you tune it (e.g. with Vishnu's Procede V3. Rev.II) ?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #7
vman69
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

A tune will void any warranty items BMW can attribute to the tune. Ie drive train, engine etc....

If youre worried about warranty spend the extra cash on the BMW perfomance upgrade with exhaust. Not as good as a Procede tune but from reports adds a decent amount without voiding warranty.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyday View Post
do you lose warranty if you tune it (e.g. with Vishnu's Procede V3. Rev.II) ?
BMW will void a warranty for lots of reasons, tunes being one of them. Any mod (even hard wiring of a handsfree kit) can void that part of your warranty if it caused issues or they cannot find a cause for an issue.

Best advise is to research the mods and be comfortable knowing if you stuff it up you may have to outlay big$ to fix it. These arn't Subaru's or Lancers after all.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #9
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

The old saying - "You pay to play".............since the OP has approached a performance shop, I'm sure he has every intention to do so.

At the end of the day, no one is holding a gun to your head.

If you're not prepared to take on any undertaking and be responsible for your actions, be prepared to resign to the fact that mods are not for you and enjoy your car without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneV View Post
I have been reading a lot of information on the internet and also have spoken to Harding Performance in East Brisbane, what do you guys believe is the best modifications to make to the 335i (ecu, exhaust, intake and such) and what tuning shops do you recommend in Brisbane.

Thanks for your time
Regards
Wes
Wes, welcome to these forums. As you obviously know via these forums, there are many good tunes and performance products sold directly from the US......most that can be fitted yourself.

Word of advise >>>>> It would be in your best interest to use the power of these forums to tap into these resources, as many of us have already been down that road and can offer the correct information so you don't waste your time and money. Most local shops here don't have the knowlegde or resources expended like our American cousins to provide a better setup for your future car.

Last edited by Sparky66; 09-05-2009 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 06:04 AM   #10
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
Your first mod should be a tune and your best option is Vishnu's Procede V3. Rev.II
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #11
TheOneV
Registered
Australia
Rep

Thanks

Thanks to all for your replies and welcomes

So far I have spoken to Harding Performance at East Brisbane and they have shown me a dyno sheet with their DMS tune (ecu reflash) against the Vishnu and the DMS shows substantially more mid range torque.

Also they mentioned they have had a number of Vishnu/Proceed clients come to them to change to the DMS. Will be talking to the DMS UK office about a couple of things as well. Interesting comment was best bang for your buck is ecu flash and intercooler - exhaust and intake dont really add that much to the 335

The other interesting comment is that the DMS flash is diagnostically invisible...

What are the thoughts out there?

WM
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #12
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneV View Post
Thanks to all for your replies and welcomes

So far I have spoken to Harding Performance at East Brisbane and they have shown me a dyno sheet with their DMS tune (ecu reflash) against the Vishnu and the DMS shows substantially more mid range torque.

Also they mentioned they have had a number of Vishnu/Proceed clients come to them to change to the DMS. Will be talking to the DMS UK office about a couple of things as well. Interesting comment was best bang for your buck is ecu flash and intercooler - exhaust and intake dont really add that much to the 335

The other interesting comment is that the DMS flash is diagnostically invisible...

What are the thoughts out there?

WM
I would agree about the FMIC, but DP's also make a huge difference in these cars.

Maybe you should hook up with xsboost, he is running the latest piggy and would be a good reference point.

There are also some current video's on u-tube showing GIAC vs Piggy's .....
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #13
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

I think they are pulling your leg mate. There really aren't too many Vishnu customers in Brisbane as far as I know; perhaps 2 or 3 if that?? IMO Vishnu is the best way to go hands down and is diagnostically invisible and doubles up as a code reader and clearer. JB3 and procede are about equal in performance, but Procede has safety/timing features and a heap of other special features thanks to canbus integration. I'd personally clear any codes and pull it out of the car before taking it to the dealer anyways (20min job).

An open intake is only going to add horses once you get over 360whp, this has been proven on the dynos. Tune then catless DP's and IC are probably the biggest bang for your buck in that order. Tune alone should add around 70-80whp.

When are you getting a 335?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #14
mmmmQuattro
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: f83 / E93 335 / E70 X5 40d

Garage List
I really don't like the idea of a chip flash compared to a piggy-back computer setup.
With a piggy back, you can run different maps if you like, get diagnostics etc.
With a re-flash, if it doesn't work well, what do you do?

As for the E46 wheels which are 7.5" wide, I would get new ones to go on the 335. I just sold my 330 E46 with the 19"x9" Breyton's on it, as I want a whole new look on my new 335. The 335 comes with 8.5 on the front and 9" on the back.
Appreciate 0