E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > M3 Front end conversion

05-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Davie Msport
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E92 2007 Coupe

M3 Front end conversion

Hi all, really fancy going for a M3 front end, definately the bumper obviously, maybe wings and bonnet, but possibly a more aggresive vented bonnet similar to the Vorsteiner one.

1-Then onto the rear with a csl fibreglass lid with built in spoiler.
2-Rear back box delete with twin slash cut pipes.
3-Eibach Pro Kit Springs with Koni Shocks.
4-Tinted windows.
5-Matt Black 18"s (not completely decided on what ones)

Does a genuine M3 E92 coupe front bumper fit straight onto the E92 Msport coupe or do i need a complete new front slam panel or just the bumper carrier or nether and it goes straight on.

Davie
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
SleepyE90
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bavarian

To fit the M3 rear bumper properly you are going to have to fit M3 quarter panels/rear fenders as well.
      05-22-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
Davie Msport
Private
Scotland
Rep

I thought that with the rear but i'm not to bothered about doing the rear Bumper, just planning a diffuser change or just sticking with my gloss black painted diffuser with a nice twin exit slash cut with back box delete.

Davie
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
Davie Msport
Private
Scotland
Rep

Surely someone has fitted a genuine M3 front bumper to a E92 Msport front end and knows whats required to be swapped, looking at the M3 front end and Msport closely the wing joins and the bonnet lines seem to meet at the same places around the grilles and headlights, so was hoping these won't need swapped at the same time although i'd like some M3 wings and bonnet at some stage to beef up the front end.

Thanks
Davie

Last edited by Davie Msport; 05-23-2011 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Front of car wider thatn the back?

It will look shit.

IMO.
      05-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
rjs
Major
England
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie Msport View Post
Surely someone has fitted a genuine M3 front bumper to a E92 Msport front end and knows whats required to be swapped, looking at the M3 front end and Msport closely the wing joins and the bonnet lines seem to meet at the same places around the grilles and headlights, so was hoping these won't need swapped at the same time although i'd like some M3 wings and bonnet at some stage to beef up the front end.
To do this OEM I think you'll need:
  • new a new front bumper
  • new front wings
  • new side skirts
  • new bonnet
Prob designed that way to stop everyone sticking them onto non-m cars

If you search i'm sure there are lots of threads on the subject

E93 M3
| Azurite Black | Extended Bamboo Leather | Piano Black Trim | 19" 220M Wheels | Shadowline Trim | Edition Grills
M DCT | HDD iDrive | EDC | Bluetooth | Front & Rear PDC | Heated Seats | DAB Radio | Hi-Fi Speakers | USB Audio | SmartTOP
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Davie Msport
Private
Scotland
Rep

Cheers guys, didn't really want to go for an aftermarket M3 front bumper incase of bad fitment and poor quality. Had a look at an M3 in a car park the other day parked beside mine and it didn't actually look any wider flared on the front wings.

Didn't want a complete M3 copy, Wheels and bonnet etc

Just wanted front bumper to add a bit of aggression with splitter, then vented bonnet of some type. Matt Black VMR 710, Window tints, Carbon vinyl roof, CSL boot spoiler, twin exhaust.

Davie
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
jimmylimmy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 'charged VXR8

M3 front is definately wider so you would need OEM front wings along with your OEM front bumper, vents etc.
Plenty of threads on the US section of this forum on fitting OEM M3 panels etc. What coloour is your car? I'm thinking of selling my CF CSL bootlid...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #9
rjs
Major
England
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [10.00]
They look similar, but I think the bumper/panels/skirts/bonnet are all slightly different sizes to the non-m ones to stop people swapping bits about.

If you want to go OEM, it's all or nothing...

E93 M3
| Azurite Black | Extended Bamboo Leather | Piano Black Trim | 19" 220M Wheels | Shadowline Trim | Edition Grills
M DCT | HDD iDrive | EDC | Bluetooth | Front & Rear PDC | Heated Seats | DAB Radio | Hi-Fi Speakers | USB Audio | SmartTOP
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 04:11 AM   #10
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie Msport View Post
Cheers guys, didn't really want to go for an aftermarket M3 front bumper incase of bad fitment and poor quality. Had a look at an M3 in a car park the other day parked beside mine and it didn't actually look any wider flared on the front wings.
The M3 is a LOT wider than a standard car?

The bonnet is just a few mm longer - you would barely notice but it stops everything lining up so parts cannot be swapped.

As others have said there are lots of threads on this - it has been done but you have to spend a lot of time and money to pull it off properly!

Adding wide wings to the front and leaving the rear stock will look daft. Also to make the wheels fit the M3 front wings you will need an aggressive offset, which you won't be able to fit to the rear - this is going to widen the front track, which will make a proper mess up of the car's handling

I really wouldn't bother - just spend some time making the car you have look nice, there are plenty of aftermarket bumpers/splitters etc - some look great (others not!) and will complement your car and make it individual without it becoming an M3 wannabe
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 04:31 AM   #11
AbdulKathrada
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 3 series / m3

standard e90 front end / lights on m3

Im not sure how it goes with posting on forums but I cant find an answer anywhere else.
I prefer the front lights on the standard e90 lci. is it possible to fit them to the m3 as it has the e92 front end. honestly I prefer the look of the whole e90 lci sport front end to the one on the m3.
Appreciate 0