E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 6hp19 5087 code pls help

01-30-2024, 04:08 AM   #1
Mr_N54
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Garage List
2009 bmw 335i  [6.75]
  [0.00]
6hp19 5087 code pls help

So I was doing my mechatronic sleeves and while I was putting the plug back in I bent three pins, I got a new mechatronic unit for my valve body put that one in everything apart from paddle shifters worked, I had the car coded for a new transmission took it for a test drive and It was always stuck in manual mode the only mode that worked properly was sport mode no matter what position the shifter is in, while I had the guy go look through the car to make sure all the software was good he bricked the ecu, payed him 400 for a msd81 (coded to cas and key) car now starts and drives but only in sport mode, before he coded anything in I removed Xhp and mhd so the car was bone stock software wise after I managed to get the car home I started looking into what it could be (I have a cf33, 5087 and 5E18 codes) the only code that pops up persistently is the 5087 code I got an android with protool to diagnose it myself and from what I was able to see was that the shifter is giving an upshift command regardless of what position it’s in which is why I believe there is no drive mode and manual mode work with only the first imput. I just want to hear people opinions on how the shifter could fail at the exact same time as the car was being coded prior to the ecu becoming bricked and staying the same after, I did have one broken wire on the shifter that I have fixed since and it still won’t go into regular drive mode, but since protool shows that there is a constant upshift imput tip +2 from the shifter even while the car is in park and not from the paddles I believe the shifter went bad but it also seems ironic that it happened at the same time the car was being coded, I just need some opinions on what it may be because I have spent too much money on this car over the past 6 months and it’s my only ride. Thanks.
Appreciate 0