E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Furious bad drivers!!! I'm so annoyed

11-02-2015, 03:06 AM   #45
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

So let’s say that the car in front of you was doing 40mph. You said you were one and a half car lengths behind him so let’s say 24 feet.

At 40 mph the reaction distance is 83 feet and your braking distance is 152 feet, resulting in a stopping distance of 235 feet.

Your super-fast reaction time results in you braking harder than necessary because you don’t have enough distance in front of you to judge how hard the driver in front of you is braking.

The van behind you now panics and nearly hits you and most likely this caused a chain reaction and all traffic behind you come to a stop.

All of this occurred because you were driving aggressively. You were tailgating and flashing your lights all for the sake of 5mph.

I am not defending the car in front of you for braking in reaction to you driving aggressively.

Just pointing out that next time take a chill pill or just overtake on the inside (a better alternative than tailgating and flashing your lights).

It’s better to arrive 5 minutes late in this life than be 5 minutes early in the next life.

Last edited by Ao1; 11-02-2015 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2015, 04:57 AM   #46
Joshbm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw E93 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
I keep meaning to add the James Bond rotating number plate mod...
I had a front flip up plate, I took it off to relocate it and never got round to it.
Appreciate 0