E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N53 Fault Code 2D58 - Only when cold.

12-04-2022, 04:24 AM   #1
hylandmotorsport
David
Rep
Drives: 325i SE

N53 Fault Code 2D58 - Only when cold.

I have a 2010 325i with the N53 engine and after a cold start and driving off it throws a 2D58 fault code and disables the throttle pedal but the car remains at idle. A restart allows me to continue on my way and it doesn't happen again.

For transparency I have just replaced wheel speed sensor and cleared the fault code. I've completed a 100+ miles and that appears to be fixed. The 2D58 has happened since.
I also have a Nox sensor issue that I am doing a couple of tests with before buying a new Nox Sensor.

On my live data the calculated torque does jump to over 2000 but it is a slow pull away when this happens, not a 'spirited' acceleration. As it only happens when the car is stone cold in the morning I am thinking this points to a sensor or electrical issue however the Bosch diagnostic info doesn't give a check list to work through at all.

There does appear to be a lot of '2D58' posts but all I have seen relate to turbo engines and this is a normally aspirated engine.

Are there any experts that have seen this before or could share a diagnostic check list?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 08:08 PM   #2
Jerse
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw E90 325i LCI

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? I'm having similar problems doing full accelerations 2nd gear -22 celsius ambient temperature. Cuts power near rev limit after 6500 rpm. I also get 2D58 consistently when doing second gear pulls and once I got 5E19 as well.
Appreciate 0