E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Can anything be gleaned from the Production#?

04-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Drew Mazurek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328Xi Coupe

Garage List
2007 E92 328Xi  [0.00]
Can anything be gleaned from the Production#?

I finally got my production# and it already shows up in OC with the right options and everything. Now I'm trying to figure out the build week. I have a call into the CA but thought I'd post here in the meantime. My number starts with 3636.
thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
I finally got my production# and it already shows up in OC with the right options and everything. Now I'm trying to figure out the build week. I have a call into the CA but thought I'd post here in the meantime. My number starts with 3636.
thanks
Production numbers don't appear to have any correlation with build week.

When I ordered on March 17, my CA gave me the production number on the spot gave me a Week 16 build (car went into production on Thursday of week 15 and finished the following Friday of Week 16), and told me 1st week of June delivery. All these weeks later, it looks like he's going to be dead-on accurate. Not bad.

Your CA should already know what your build week is. Now prepare for the wait because you won't hear that sweet " your vehicle is in production, with an estimated completion date of xxxxx" until a day or two before it actually goes into production. That wait was excruciating for me.

So far each phase of waiting gets progressively more frustrating. I am now into Day 8 with my car sitting at the port, and since there are no more ships sailing to Port Hueneme until May 4, I am going to be there at least another 6 days. 13 days at port. 23 days on the ship. a few days at the VPC. a day on a truck, and a day at the dealer.