E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Power steering stopped then cames back ??

06-08-2015, 07:52 AM   #1
mickyboy1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Power steering stopped then cames back ??

Weird thing to happen but I will try to explain.

So I use my E92 to tow a caravan, I drove 2 hours with no issue, had to stop just before I pulled into drive to move some cars. started the E92 up all ok drove into the drive and turned off the car. unhooked the caravan and went to pull away.

as soon as the car started the steering wheel warning came on and I had no power steering. turned car off tried again same thing. so I waited about an hour went back and all was now ok had the power steering all back.

my thoughts..

I did have my steering at full right lock when I started up as I needed to pull away that way to get off the drive. its possible I was pulling the steering wheel over while I started the car. Could I have loaded the electric pump so much on start up that it got confused and tripped out.

I did also have the caravan charging all the way home so I thought it could be low battery voltage in the car (I plan to get the battery tested tomorrow)

Any thoughts from anyone??

Last edited by mickyboy1; 06-08-2015 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0