E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Well i've had my 330 D 6 months and heres its make over..

04-24-2015, 05:03 PM   #45
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

LoOks really nice buddy - nice choice on caliper colours and wrap job is ace!
      04-25-2015, 01:42 AM   #46
holmefield
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330 d m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Are you going to mount the spoiler straighton otthe boot lid(once shaped, sanded and painted of course)or are you going the full hog and doing this as I did to a standalone spoiler taking something like this

and having it grafted shape cut and moulded on the cars bootlid(E46 Saloon)

and once painted you end up with something like this

looks 100% factory
I was thinking about doing this but the body shop that would be doing the work advised against it, as due to the spoilers bad shape it would probably lift and cracking after a few months.

Also i've found Full replica CSL pre-lci boot lids for €389.00+postage from Germany. .so I'm probably just going to save for the Full CSL boot now..

That E46 looks very nice though. .
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 03:08 AM   #47
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
LoOks really nice buddy - nice choice on caliper colours and wrap job is ace!
Cheers, yours looks so nice..

The 8D wrap is nice and i love the real LOOK!! of carbon..............BUT @ the moment i'm getting some slight water marks between the weave layer and the shiney top layer..It dries off and goes back clear and nice but its bugging me..

Im going to email the seller and see if anybody else has mantioned it.

I've heard that this can happen but that was with Di-Noc stuff, its raining hard today and im been dragged to Ikea ( sigh ) 60 mile round trip so i'll see how the 8D stuff lasts with all that spray...
MODS lots of coding,Alcantara flat bottom wheel and trim,Led reg bulbs,Sapphire black interior trims,Carbon diffuser,DPF delete 276bhp,Carbon badges,Yellow B/calipers 19" BBS LM Alloys,Lowered spring perches.

Last edited by holmefield; 04-25-2015 at 03:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 03:18 AM   #48
holmefield
Captain
Rep

This is the boot lid im looking @ its made by carbon fibre dynamics.....Now it says including shipping and vat but i recon it would cost extra to ship to the UK....

SCOPE CARBON REAR COVER FOR BMW 3 SERIES E90 - M3 CSL SIMILAR
€ 389.00

http://www.cf-dynamics.de/media/cata..._3er_e90_1.jpg

I feel my credit card making an appearance
MODS lots of coding,Alcantara flat bottom wheel and trim,Led reg bulbs,Sapphire black interior trims,Carbon diffuser,DPF delete 276bhp,Carbon badges,Yellow B/calipers 19" BBS LM Alloys,Lowered spring perches.

Last edited by holmefield; 04-25-2015 at 03:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 03:35 AM   #49
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Well i had my car detailed yesterday by Jamie, ( jamie_e46 on instagram ) a friend of Rich_D off here, who's very kindly been doing some coding stuff for me ( i've ordered a new glow plug control unit Rich, £90.00 ouch !!!! )

We all like pics so i'll let them do the talking.

Theres still a few marks that i'd like removing from the paint work but i know that would need a stage 2 polish which takes a few hours to do and involves a lot more differnt cutting and polishing compounds, i think when the weathers better i'll see if Jamie attack the deep scratches...I'm very happy with the paint work and polished results....If you local-ish to Preston,Burnley,Blackburn and want a good machine polisher instagram jamie_e46

Thanks for hooking me up with Jamie RICH_D...
Appreciate 2
      04-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #50
Rich_D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport LCI

Looking good
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 06:32 AM   #51
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Well im currently having some issues with the 8D carbon wrap on the outside wrapped parts, when it rains or i wash the car im getting water marks under the glossy coat which over the printed weave???

I've heard its happened to a few folks in the states using Di-Noc, anyway im pretty bummed about it..

so i spoke with my surplier yesterday and he swears hes only had a couple of reports of this happening with his stuff...

so we've done a deal and hes sending me out a fresh batch from a new different roll of wrap @ (asda price money ) to re do all my bits and test the product...so its a bummer that i have to re do it all but it needs to be right as i have plans for a few more carbon wrapped parts if its ok????

Did somebody mention a Full wrapped CSL boot lid, with my own twist...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #52
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Just an update hopeing to fit my lowered front spring perches this weekend coming, im also looking @ getting an arch roller so that i can roll the rear inner lips on my arches as under full load I.E 5 folks im getting slight rubbing occurring going over speed bumps, or fast corning...

Im also looking @ going for 25mm wide hub-centric wheel adapters on the rear ( currently @ 20mm wide ) so i can get the rear E.T down to 13!! @ that width the tyre tread will still be inside the arch but the side wall will be visible but under load the rim edge should be close up to the arch edge..............well thats the plan...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #53
Jim1985
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 335d

Loving this! I have the same idea planned with my rears but Ive just got tint-film - does it not look that great?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 12:00 PM   #54
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1985 View Post
Loving this! I have the same idea planned with my rears but Ive just got tint-film - does it not look that great?
Well the red tint i got off Fleebay ended up looking crap on my lights, which is why i ended up spraying them red....

Hopeing to get the rear end Alloys offset sorted in the next couple of weeks, hopefully the spring perches and rolled rear arches will get done friday weather permitting, then i'll trial fit some 25mm spacers..

If it looks ok i'll run them this year then strip and refub the alloys over winter, sell them and get some 11 J rears for next year and hopefully 9.5 J fronts....

Im also considering an E90 high kick performance rear boot spoiler, @ the mo i can't justify putting circa £500.00 into a CSL boot lid, how ever good they look....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 05:20 AM   #55
Jim1985
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm the same with the bootlids, and when you think about it, you can make any car look amazing with the right little touches, and the right wheels & ride height. A CSL bootlid wouldnt make or break a car IMO
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 06:25 AM   #56
holmefield
Captain
Rep

So i kept meaning to upload some new pics of the car with lowered front spring perches fitted..

BEFORE

AFTER

They weren't that hard to fit just took some time getting the shocks out under the arches really, and even harder to get the shocks back under the arches!!!
We did modify the spring cups thou.....a 5mm round plate sits between the underside of the strut tower and the top of the spring perches, we left this out so as to gain a little more drop, i think its lower the front around 15mm from standard M SPORT ride height.

Next up next weekend hopefully is rolling the front and rear arches and if that goes ok i'll be fitting some rear 25 mm wheel spacer adapters which should give a final rear E.T of 13!!..

For next year i'm looking @ getting some S1 WORK MEISTERS, i'll prob try and run 19" x 9.5 up front and 19 x 10.5J out back with those, so i'm playing around with offsets this year...

I'll also going to try re-fitting my China spec CSL boot spoiler but im going to body filler the bits that stand proud of the boot lid first then sand it to the right shape and re-fit....well thats the plan...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 01:12 PM   #57
Jim1985
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Looks great. Would love to see some more pictures from a distance. Do you have lowering springs or just stock? I can't remember.
Also, plans for the Meisters sound AMAZINGLY.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #58
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1985 View Post
Looks great. Would love to see some more pictures from a distance. Do you have lowering springs or just stock? I can't remember.
Also, plans for the Meisters sound AMAZINGLY.
Its just on stock M sport suspension...

Yer its a big save up for the Meisters thou, but they look so good
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #59
Jim1985
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Fancy fitting some for me? Ha
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 03:45 PM   #60
holmefield
Captain
Rep

To be honest i was really worried about doing, but a mates whos well into modding E46's helped me do it...

all you do is un do the bottom bolts on the drop links, un do the strut top bolts then push down on the brake calipers.the hard bit is getting the shock out under the arches its a two man job really as you need the extra man power + it helps when compressing the springs...

swop over the perches once the springs are compressed and put back together getting the shocks back under the arches is a right pain to be honest...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #61
Jim1985
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Did you use cool spring compressors? Is it a pain? I might do it.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 05:16 PM   #62
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Yer used spring compressers, you have to, to get the spring perches off..

took 3hrs for both sides...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #63
Jim1985
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thought so. Not sure why I asked that haha but of brain fade!
Appreciate 0