E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Rough road detection: No wheel RPM signal received

08-21-2023, 06:38 AM   #1
adill1
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive 6MT

Rough road detection: No wheel RPM signal received

Hey Folks. Looking for some help identifying root cause for the following codes:

- DME active codes -
32C9 - Rough road detection: No wheel RPM signal received.
32D5 Fahrzeuggeschwindigkeit, Raddrehzahlsensor vorn/links, elektrisch: Fehlfunktion
32D9 - Driving speed, plausibility: Minimum speed when in coasting/overrun mode implausible.
32DD - Driving speed, wheel RPM sensor front/left, signal change: Not plausible.

Back story:

I was working on replacing my OFHG one weekend when I accidentally snapped two bolts and cracked one of the hoses going to the housing. I then sent it off to bmw (kill me now; will never do that again) because the job seemed to become greater than what I could handle.

Fast forward: bolts are all good, hoses fine - was driving the car home from the dealer and the dash lit up like a christmas tree.
I think it was "BRAKE", "ABS", and maybe TPMS lights all lit up in yellow. Car seems to be kinda fine** otherwise.

*** When putting the car back together im not sure if I have the apex bolt (near the cowl) holding the strut braces together fully torqued down.

*** I have MHD stage 1, and upon receiving the car back from the dealer, the "burbles" seem to be quiter and less agressive

*** A/C also doesnt work in the car right now, seems to be a condensor issue or fail

Any help would be great! I ordered a battery tester to see if the battery could just being going.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 10:57 AM   #2
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

You have a bad wheel speed sensor on the front left side. (front driver's side).

Inspect the wheel speed sensor, inspect the encoder ring. Likely replace the wheel speed sensor.

I've been trying to figure out my own issue regarding this, but I have no speed sensor on all four wheels, get the rough road detection, and all my lights are on as you mentioned. However, like I mentioned, I have four codes - one for each wheel.

As such, i've looked into this quite deeply. In your case with just one wheel speed sensor fault, just replace that one and you'll be fine. Anything else you mentioned is likely just happenstance.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 07:15 PM   #3
adill1
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive 6MT

Thanks @anjuna

Any recommendations for where to buy? Amazon seems to have some sketchy options albeit much cheaper than fcpeuro
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 04:41 PM   #4
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by adill1 View Post
Thanks @anjuna

Any recommendations for where to buy? Amazon seems to have some sketchy options albeit much cheaper than fcpeuro
Turner Motorsports.

Decent prices, excellent support, and if you're in doubt on what you may need to do a job they'll talk with you on the phone and make sure you're set.
Appreciate 0