E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Inpa/Ncsexpert/tool32 beginner advice

04-27-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
Ferdi_bimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Inpa/Ncsexpert/tool32 beginner advice

I was about to buy a compatible obd2 for BimmerCode to try and reset my frm but after research I decided I might as well start learning to code with more powerful software. I'm getting my k+dcan cable in a few days but successfully installed the bmw standard tools on my computer. I found a many sources on how to use inpa and ncsexpert but only a few on tool32 and some videos they go a little too quickly I'm not even sure what they clicked. I know one little mistake is all it takes to make my car basically useless. I'm a noob to using these softwares as this is my first time but I know enough not to mess with anything I don't know.
My frm shut off my drl right brake light and the halo lights have no power to them and about 4-5 light bulb errors. Since I don't have many other light issues I assumed my frm isn't bad just needs a count reset.
My question is, which would be better for coding my frm as a beginner?
Ncsexpert I hear is mostly for coding and programming and I hear a lot of people use tool32 but I can't find a walk through that goes at my pace even if I pause a video the person goes through the command so quick I don't know what they did.
It's just kind of confusing for the first time because everyone does one little thing different than the other you don't know what's right or wrong. So if anyone has any tips on which is best that's all I'm asking thanks!
Also I didn't see how anyone backed up their ecu before programming so if anyone can guide me on how to back it up just in case I mess up that would be great advice too. Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 10:48 AM   #2
dpaul
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdi_bimmer View Post
I was about to buy a compatible obd2 for BimmerCode to try and reset my frm but after research I decided I might as well start learning to code with more powerful software. I'm getting my k+dcan cable in a few days but successfully installed the bmw standard tools on my computer. I found a many sources on how to use inpa and ncsexpert but only a few on tool32 and some videos they go a little too quickly I'm not even sure what they clicked. I know one little mistake is all it takes to make my car basically useless. I'm a noob to using these softwares as this is my first time but I know enough not to mess with anything I don't know.
My frm shut off my drl right brake light and the halo lights have no power to them and about 4-5 light bulb errors. Since I don't have many other light issues I assumed my frm isn't bad just needs a count reset.
Ncsexpert I hear is mostly for coding and programming and I hear a lot of people use tool32 but I can't find a walk through that goes at my pace even if I pause a video the person goes through the command so quick I don't know what they did.
It's just kind of confusing for the first time because everyone does one little thing different than the other you don't know what's right or wrong. So if anyone has any tips on which is best that's all I'm asking thanks!
Also I didn't see how anyone backed up their ecu before programming so if anyone can guide me on how to back it up just in case I mess up that would be great advice too. Thanks in advance
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/t...module.866044/
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 12:18 PM   #3
bmwttftw
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdi_bimmer View Post

Appreciate 0