E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 LCI - Remove Angel Eye H8

04-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #1
Boston4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 N51 M-Sport 6MT

E90 LCI - Remove Angel Eye H8

Hi all,

I purchased the Lux Angel Eyes for my E90 LCI. The passenger side was easy - pulled off the cover, removed the old bulb, plugged in the new one and stuffed the resistor pack in there, and put the cap back on.

I'm not able to install the drivers side LED because it appears that the existing halogen bulb was improperly installed and I cannot remove it.

To remove the H8 bulb, I need to twist it counter-clockwise and then pull out. Currently, I can't move it counter-clockwise, because the angle at which it's installed causes it to hit a part of the headlight housing. It won't go clockwise either. I tried a combination of angled needlenose pliars and an angled pick, but I haven't been able to unplug connector, which might give it the clearance it needs to turn. I'm not sure if I can even get the plug off given the angle where it's hitting the housing though.

I'm guessing that's the answer. But it's cold out and my knuckles are bleeding and I threw in the towel for now. Reinstalled the halogen bulb on the passenger side so they at least match. Anyone seen this before?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 04:05 PM   #2
Mo_Bimmers_Mo_Problems
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stock 2006 E90

Can't say I have... I also have a Pre-LCI so I don't know how big of a difference there is.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 04:17 PM   #3
Boston4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 N51 M-Sport 6MT

Yeah, the bulb that痴 in there now must have been installed wrong. I値l wait until I知 going to do the air filter so that I値l have a little more room to access it, and then I値l try and get the connector clip off so that then I can hopefully twist the bulb counterclockwise.

Passenger side was done in a few minutes - I took out the LED once I gave up on the drivers side so that both sides would match but it値l definitely look good once it is eventually fixed...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 02:00 PM   #4
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

One of my H8 was in exact same pickle. I recall being able to turn it either way though it was initially not able to turn clockwise. I have another angel eye housing loose on my work bench and the old H8 bulb too. I will double check this and let you know. I also installed the Lux Angel eye LED inserts after being able to get the halogen H8 out.
Appreciate 0