E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > No crank after clearing mhd codes

05-03-2021, 11:03 PM   #1
tee92
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i 6MT

No crank after clearing mhd codes

Hi all,

Wanted to post and find out if anyone has ever had any issues after clearing codes on MHD. I cleared the codes properly by turning the car off, into 2nd accessory mode, read DME then clear codes. When I tried to start after that I got no crank. All accessories turn on and work properly, OBDII works and reads no codes. Could I somehow have fried the crankshaft sensor? I push the clutch in, but it will only cycle through the different accessory modes. I sometimes get IBS missing codes, but it has never affected my car.

Thanks in advance for any tips and help if you have previously experienced this.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 12:05 PM   #2
stewbets
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi, '04 545i

I've not had this before, but I would start by re-flashing my tune if I were you.
      05-05-2021, 09:54 PM   #3
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

How would a bad crank sensor keep your motor from cranking?? It might keep it from starting....but not from cranking.

If it was me I would disconnect the battery, hook it back up, flash the tune back to stock (or whatever tune you want to run) and try to start it again.

Also....have you tried to put a charger on your battery and/or check the bolts with a voltmeter?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:59 PM   #4
tee92
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee92 View Post
Hi all,

Wanted to post and find out if anyone has ever had any issues after clearing codes on MHD. I cleared the codes properly by turning the car off, into 2nd accessory mode, read DME then clear codes. When I tried to start after that I got no crank. All accessories turn on and work properly, OBDII works and reads no codes. Could I somehow have fried the crankshaft sensor? I push the clutch in, but it will only cycle through the different accessory modes. I sometimes get IBS missing codes, but it has never affected my car.

Thanks in advance for any tips and help if you have previously experienced this.
UPDATE:

Bought a tablet from walmart, got protool, and it showed a starter code. I figured there was no way I fried starter cables, so I pulled the trigger and bought one. Happened to find one local so I got it in quick and it fixed the issue.
Appreciate 0