E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Payment Issue

08-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
jrsniper12453
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Payment Issue

I'm telling this story in the hopes of getting a little advice, but since the case is still open I don't want to get too specific.

I had a couple orders through a company a couple months back and everything seemed to go fine until I got the statement from my credit card company. It showed a double billing for the same company (except of the of the names had a random "I" in it) on the same day. I called the company, and they claimed their system only showed a single payment, and to send an email with a scan of the bill. I don't have a scanner so I just called the credit card company to have them deal with it, they investigated and found that the company had indeed been paid twice, so they gave me a credit for one of the charges. (Incidentally I eventually sent a screen shot of the double charge, but it doesn't seem to have helped)

The company still only sees one charge in the system, but I guess now also sees the charge back and so it appears to them that they haven't gotten paid. But like I said, the credit card company investigated and found an error. They also said they sent a request to have the company call them to figure it out but they never heard back. Does anyone have any experience with something like this/have an idea where the missing couple hundred dollars has gone?

Thanks