E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > EOI - BMW Drag Day @ Heathcote (VIC)

09-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #1
**ghost**
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

EOI - BMW Drag Day @ Heathcote (VIC)

Hi Guys

Please note - I'm trying to get a even mix of BMWs for the event, so maybe 8x E90/E92s. 8 x 1 Series / 5 series, 8 x F30s.

So for now (assuming anyone is interested) I'll grab the first eight E90/E92 drivers with the rest on waiting list. If you are interested please post in THE F30 FORUM in the identical thread with your user name and car.

Have you ever wondered what a 1/4 mile in your BMW really felt like?
Or what your tunes and exhaust really do for the car?
Did you ever wonder what the top speed advised in the car magazines really meant?

Then the inaugural BMW Heathcote Drags is for you!

The Heathcote Park raceway is located about 150km north of Melbourne CBD and has a CAMS compliant dual lane 1/4 mile facility that is timed by the latest electronic sensors and equipment.

I had a chat with guys at Heathcote Park and we can book out the world famous 1/4 mile track for a (kind of) reasonable price of $160 per head assuming we get the max limit of 25 cars. You can, of course, bring family and friends along but please note there can be no passengers on the drag strip. What you get for $160;

- Full access to Heathcote Park 1/4 mile for as many runs as you can do between 8am to 3pm
- Race stewards and standby emergency crew
- A printed time slip with 60ft, terminal speed and 1/4 mile times for every run

The raceway also has

- a BP ultimate bowser on site for you to refuel
- lunch facilities (not included in price, but mainly pies and stuff)
- benches, shaded areas, tables, bbq, for the family

This is just an EOI at this point but the day will be on a Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully we can get it organised before November.

The site is a reasonable 1.5 hours away from Melbourne up the Hume Highway.

As mentioned - the raceway will be ours from 8am to 3pm within which you can get more than enough 1/4 mile runs to satisfy your inner hoon. Last time i went a few years ago you could get roughly 3 runs per hour, equating to 20+ runs.

If anyone is interested please post here.

Once I get enough I'll make a booking and start taking deposits.

Feel free to send it around the other forums.

PM me if you have questions.

Discount rebate if anyone brings a semi naked japanese race queen to the raceway. Someone promised me one on the last cruise we organised but we got nothing.
Appreciate 0