E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Losing Engine Oil and Coolant?

06-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Losing Engine Oil and Coolant?

Hi All,

So I've now noticed that as well as losing quite a lot of engine oil (1 litre every few thousand) my coolant also seems to disappear. I noticed today on the right hand side of the engine there's some oil, so I took a video to look under the intake manifold and at 1:21 in the video I appear to see some blue liquid which would be the coolant.. so ironically I may be losing both engine oil and coolant somewhere on the right side of the engine? There's is a small leak on the vacuum pump (common issue) but that appears appears to only seep and wouldn't contribute to the 1 litre over thousand miles or so.

Any ideas? Oh and I should mention as far as I'm aware (because I do have a look going round corners and pulling off) I don't appear to have any smoke. I do believe the car is suffering from high pressure however as I'm sure I've popped the dipstick out after driving it hard and white smoke still comes out of the dipstick (I have changed the crankcase breather recently)..

Cheers.

Appreciate 0