E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > How often do BMW release new cradles?

11-28-2005, 06:12 AM   #1
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Touring

How often do BMW release new cradles?

Just if anyone on the forums has any insight into how often BMW release new cradle kits? My dealer has offered to include a cradle at no cost but I recently upgraded my phone to a Sony Ericsson K750i and a cradle doesn't exist yet.

And a more complex question. My girlfriend has a Sony Ericsson T630. If no cradle exists for the K750i should I ask for one for the T630 so that at least she can use it to charge her phone. Can I pair my K750i to the car and will she be able to use the cradle just to charge her phone (i.e. her phone would not be paired at all). Anyone know.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 09:48 AM   #2
rogataber
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330SE (E90)

I wish I knew how often BMW produced cradles! A look through their web site shows that it must be infrequently since most of the recommended phones are obsolete, all I know it doesn't help to complain to the British Customer services..they just phone you up and sympathise!

With regards to your question, you can set up your g/f's phone to charge but not pair and yours to pair and not charge if you want to (or for them both to pair with yours the active phone when your phone is in the car).

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 01:04 PM   #3
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Touring

Thanks for the reply! That is very helpful. So, for now I will ask them to give me the 630 cradle and swap that out later if a cradle for the K750i is released. At least I will get a baseplate with the cradle saving me having to order that part later.

Tony
Appreciate 0